Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wise deceision

dabbie1

I think I made a good choice,Instead of buying a AT PRO,In my case it would make no sense,as I already own a ACE250 plus an underwater detector,plus a back-up detector<the only thing I wanted was more deepth for the ACE250,so with garrett having a sale on the new deep 10 by 14 coil for the ACE series it was a no brainer for me.I love the 250 and have learned it very well.What I like most is its screen and what and how it tells you about the target.I would not want to change to a VDI read out like on my other detector.Now I have a 6 by 9,9 by12, and now a Excellisor 10 by 14 for the ACE 250.Now I can get some more deeper targets.I will now go back and re-do all schools and parks and beaches.HH Wayne

[size=large]as long as you're a happy camper nothing else matters. good hunting to you.

HH[/size]

The ACE 250 is a good detector :thumbup:but it's a fixed ground balance detector and it will do a little or a-lot better with the bigger coil for sure if the ground conditions are right. The advantage to the AT Pro is the ground balance system (this is a big one over the ACE 250 for extra depth and over all performance), the iron audio feature, the Pro mode and it discriminates and works in iron trash quite a bit better than the ACE 250 and a-lot of other detectors out there on the market. All of this will get you max depth and super performance with the AT Pro in all types of different ground conditions.

Believe me I understand:bouncy: and considering the cost of a new bigger coil over the cost of a new AT Pro detector buying the coil was a good choice from a cost stand point for sure to get some more depth out of the ACE 250 and depending on the soil conditions without an adjustable ground balance on the ACE 250, the bigger coil will do just that in some cases and will not in others.

***The key thing is you love and understand the ACE 250 and that's what helps the most in finding the good targets in the real world and some deeper ones with a bigger coil :clapping:

Happy & Safe Hunting To All,:detecting:
Bill G

I would love to hear what you think of that coil once you have used it awhile dabbie1

If you are happy with the 250 you'll like it with new coil. The AT Pro is a different detector and a great one.