Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wish me luck!

MT_VertCaver

It's 9:22 pm and I'm going to detect at the sidewalk project. The town is replacing the sidewalks on the 'main street'(actually called Broadway). Not sure how old the sidewalks are....late teens/early twenties?????

I've been driving a harvest truck all day(I'm tired)....but I don't know how soon they'll be laying cement. I won't ever get the chance again, so I better put in a couple of hours tonight. And, hopefully, tomorrow night.

Rick

Good luck!
HH
Todd

So far they have 1 1/2 blocks torn up on the north side. Looks like they will do the entire north side of the street, then do the south side. The street is about a mile long. I "heard" that they have 45 days to complete the project.

I was going fast. I only dug targets that were NOT iron and were repeatable. I used the stock coil. I thought the nails would be horrible, but they weren't too bad. Perhaps because people used to save the nails when a building was torn down????

Here's what I found!!!!:detecting::super:

The first good target was the brass button(?). Shortly after that was the 1898 Barber dime!!(My oldest coin so far.) Kept going without much luck for awhile. Found the bullet and the whatsit. Then the old .22 cases. After a quick google search, I think they are .22 WRF(an old, obsolete caliber). These cases are as long as a .22 LR with the bullet still in.
I turned around and went back over everything and found the Indian Penny!!!(my first). I think it's a 1900. Not sure what the best way to clean it is. It was about 10 feet away from where I found the dime.

I'm looking forward to seeing more sidewalk torn up!!!!

Congratulations
your oldest coin and 1st Indian :clapping:
A very good effort for a tired worker

T59

Congratulations...You don't get those kind of opportunities very often. Did the same thing when they replaced Main Street concrete in my town. I found two indians and a 1911 wheat but no silver. Took the afternoon off work to hunt it. Went back after supper to do the other side but 2 other people were already there and found two indians and a 2 cent piece on the other side. Should have skipped dinner !!!