Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wish the deus had just a little..

Potomac run

better protective cover for the Remote Control that you could see threw.. I got one free with mine but after 3 months you cant see threw it anymore but i keep using it for now.

I couldn't see real good through my rubber housing either, so I cut the screen hole out of the rubber and put a screen protector on the control unit under the rubber to take care of the screen. HH-Mark

I just use a cell phone dry pack. They are a little large for the control box, but they're waterproof to 100'. You can wear them around your neck and flip them up to view or make entries to the control panel. There's a Kwik Tek 46 that runs about 10 bucks on Amazon. You can pay a little more and get one with a wrist band. They do get in the way when dig but, I just spin mine around to my back and go after it. Sure beats an $800.00 splash in the surf or a river. bjones

I've also used 6.5" x 3.5" Zip Lock Snack Bags. Cut one 3.5" side and slip it over the control housing and use a wide rubber band to hold it in place. They are a perfect fit. The rubber band doesn't interfere with the buttons and it does give some protection from the elements. A 6" x 4" 4 mil zip lock bag may offer more protection. You can buy these from an office supply. I carry a few of the snack bags and rubber bands in my kit "just in case." Hey, I'm not cheap; I'm a Treasure Hunter.
bjones