Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wondering

bigjon

i am just wondering if the exploer xe pro about the number display is slow or not i went to a house site today and i hit two high tones about 4 inches apart and i have to wait a few seconds for the numbers to change when i hit both high tone places,just wondering if the number display is slow or is there something wrong with my machine? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thats normally an indicator that you have your sensitivity to high. Reduce it a bit and you will see the digital screen speed up.

Dew

im going to take it out again this week and i will try that.what short time i have used the se pro i can tell it is going to be a fantastic machine. thank you for your help

bigjon -- what's usually happening is the machine is seeing several targets under the coil, and can't settle on one single target long enough to give ID on it...

Don't worry about it too much, though; if you hear a good tone in there, even if you aren't getting a number to show up on the screen, DIG IT!

Steve

sgoss66 said:
bigjon -- what's usually happening is the machine is seeing several targets under the coil, and can't settle on one single target long enough to give ID on it...

Don't worry about it too much, though; if you hear a good tone in there, even if you aren't getting a number to show up on the screen, DIG IT!

Steve

Steve
you probably have it right where i was hunting today was pretty trashy, i was using the 11 inch stock coil.right now i am looking for a 6 inch dd used coil they are very hard to find.i have dug some coins today the deepest coins that i have ever dug since i have been metal detecting,i have read posts where mine labs are supposed to be deep seeking machines, for the short while that i have been using this machine it made a beleiver out of me i now see why mine labs sell so many detecors.thanks for you help.

It is not a speed demon.. Low and slow is the way to use the SE Pro.. Also, you will get some nulling if you go over a target you have disc'd out..

When you think your going slow enough swinging the coil..Slow down some more.:) Sound is the key to success.....

In those kind of areas you also want to increase your gain to 10..... it allows all targets to sound the same. Sometimes a low gain like 7 because of modulation will cause you to loose a weak signal.

Dew

This kind of goes along with what dewcon said...but try semi auto sensitivity. too.