Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Woo Hoo! Farm field silver the Deus gets a rare 14 cent silver

cometguy

Not sure if it would be 14 cents or 16 cents but sure a little sad it isn't still 25 cents. Hit a high warble that I knew was something awesome. Dug seven or eight inches deep and saw the edge of a quarter hiding in the dirt. I was hoping for old. I guess I should have been hoping for whole. This was nice enough you could read Liberty before somebody hammered it and cut it. Not sure why anyone would do that. Seems like it would have been a lot of money back then. Can't tell if it was mintmarked but it is an 1858. Farm field silver is pretty rare for me. Glad to get some but wish I had a little bigger piece.

Don
HH

That is the way they made change back then. Over the years I have found pieces as small as an eighth of the size of the coin none lately though. lol