Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Woods hunt this past Saturday

WV62

As you can see we didn't get any silver but I found this old key and I must have hit it with the shovel and made a shinny spot that looks to copper. The bullet my brother SL52 found it and wondering if any of you bullet guys know anything about it. I scratched and it looks to be lead, no copper jacket. It it right at 1/2" dia and looks to have a couple of lube rings.

Ron in WV

IMG_1003.jpg

As you can see we didn't get any silver but I found this old key and I must have hit it with the shovel and made a shinny spot that looks to copper. The bullet my brother SL52 found it and wondering if any of you bullet guys know anything about it. I scratched and it looks to be lead, no copper jacket. It it right at 1/2" dia and looks to have a couple of lube rings.

Ron in WV

View attachment 8901
Is it hollow base. Looks like a Minnie to me! If solid might be carbine or post CW

50 cal or 54 blackpowder???

I love the key!!

I put that key in the tumbler with some coins wanting to get a better look. Well it looks to be made of brass. I went on line looking to see if I could get some info on how old and what it was for but I couldn't find any that even come close to the same look.

Here is a couple more pictures after cleaning.

Ron in WV

IMG_1063.jpgIMG_1064.jpg

What an amazing key! Looks like a very important key!! Maybe to a 19th Century hotel or bank vault? In any case it’s a beautiful key !!

I put that key in the tumbler with some coins wanting to get a better look. Well it looks to be made of brass. I went on line looking to see if I could get some info on how old and what it was for but I couldn't find any that even come close to the same look.

Here is a couple more pictures after cleaning.

Ron in WV

View attachment 9130View attachment 9131
Could it be a Clock Key to wind the beautiful old stand up Grandfather clocks that were ornate with a very decorative key to go with it! NO. 91 might be a clue?? God bless & good luck in finding the info needed! Ma

Only thing I saw that might be close on the key was furniture key i.e. jewelry box, music box, cabinet etc.

Only thing I saw that might be close on the key was furniture key i.e. jewelry box, music box, cabinet etc.
Yes Cabinet would be a good guess like China & long ago people had cabinets for sugar & other high priced items that were needed for foods, cooking & etc.! They bring high prices on The Road show! Ma