Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Working from the assumption that "ALL METAL" is an aid to not missing targets that are just on the edge of being discriminated out...

NealNoIN

why notch out the high 90's (to discriminate iron wrap around) when you can look at the screen and see if it's a high 90's reading?

Because its there and I want to look at the screen the least amount I can. When it chirps you stop your swing and do a side step. Notch isn't a filter only an audio block to the headphones. Coil works the same as if it weren't engaged just no sound to the ears. Less noise is a good thing as long as the cost is nothing.

A few weeks ago, I was hunting deep coins in a city park using 4khz...I decided to concentrate on a 50X50foot area and ended up pulling some fantastic coins! One night after "cleaning out" an area of even iffy targets, I unnotched 95-98 in 4khz and went on to find a couple more deep 8-9" coins that were discriminated out.

If you find an area that has a lot of deep targets, it would pay to learn the Non Motion All-metal modes of the Deus which will push your max depth even further. It takes a little practice, but dig a couple non-ferrous deep targets and you will get the hang of it. I wish I still had my Deus, since I was just starting to learn this mode...

Whenever XP decides to release the new goods, I'll get back into swinging! Can't wait for that!

I have no idea why you would notch 95-98. I just dug a Half Dollar last weekend that was a solid 96. The wrap around iron notch is 97-99 and has nothing to do with coins. Hunting in all metal will get you more depth but good luck with that.

I've had iron read 94 quite a few times using both my deus units, and 97, and 98'. Funny thing is I've never seen 95 or 96 over iron.