Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Working the 4" coil and getting better at it

frankj3

I worked my favorite city park again today.....every time I go there I find something.....no where near "hunted out."

Today I found my 1st Susan "B" Anthony and came so close to my 1st double silver day.....a '65 quarter and a '65 dime.

I also found a '62 and a '64 Penny as well as a '78 Canadian penny.

Found my 3rd ring.....a child's ring made of aluminum. But a ring is a ring, right?

I'm learning to use a 4" coil on my Legacy 3500. So far I'm really liking it. When I get into a noisy, trashy area I switch from the 8" to the 4" coil and have been recovering a lot more targets. In my opinion, a 4" coil should be your second purchase, right after a pin pointer.

Oh yeah, almost forgot......I was bit by nearly every dang mosquito that lives (or used to live) in TEXAS!! I think they are immune to any brand of spray on the market!!! :laugh:

This was a 2-1/2 hour hunt.

HH y'all.

Frank

Yes, the 4" coil is a good choice for really trashy places. Working it nice and slow can sure pick out the goodies.
Takes a little getting used to. Just don't get in a hurry and work right through and around the trash.
Good hunting to you ! Gene

Gene

I have always had a tendency to swing slow, even with my 8" coil. So as I swing the 4" coil even slower, I feel like I am nearly standing still! LOL But it is paying off. I'm learning more and more each time I use it.......it is soooooo much fun!

Thanks for the advice and good wishes.

HH Y'all.

Frank

Sounds like you are getting along with your 4" coil quite well Frank.
Most don't want to take their time with such a small coil and like you say
you feel like you are nearly standing still. The really trashy places are avoided
by many and this is where your slow swing technique with the 4" coil will pay off
as you are finding out. Good hunting to you ! Gene

Frank, I figgered that you'd find the 4" coil to be a very useful addition to your detector. Now all you need is the 11"DD coil for finding those older and deeper coins once you've cleared out the shallow stuff.
HH.

Walt

An old thread but for future readers, the 4" coil is the thing to have in the really trashy area's. Just take it slow and easy and the coil pays for itself very quickly. It's a must have in trashy conditions !