Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Workout Regiment

bigealive

Just was thinking about last year's first days out. I am a fairly fit person but I remember those first couple of days out in the spring. Going to be sore again. Maybe I should start working out those weird muscles we use detecting... The Bent Neck. The Arm Swing. The squat and dig. The Pull Tab Throw. The Jump for Joy. The Head Phone Sweat Wipe. The..., oh forget it I am just going to be Sore. Todd H.

Yea i know what you mean.Metal detecting is a work out all by it self.Took me a couple outings before i got back into MD shape.You got to love this hobby.:yo:

Im thinkin the same thing thats why I run the dog
a lot.. but it still isnt the same as swinging bending digging

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:surprised:

Oh well its worth it !!!

THINK SPRING ( 15 days)

Ron

RLTW

That's what I do on a regular basis but I'm ambidextrous and hunt more left handed than I do right handed. Really saves on the arms.

Bill

Don't forget the infamous "Happy Dance"!:garrett:It may only happen once a hunting season, but, you have to be ready and fit for it when it does happen!:clapping:

I'm right handed, but I found that it doesn't take much to adjust to using you left hand. Some folks get put off by doing what is not natual strait up.
Mick Evans.

I finally got out for a few hours today! Between the squats, kneeling, and slipping in the slush I can really feel it in the legs.

John

You have to count The 12 Ounce weigh lifting, but you have to set the beer on the floor and bent over to pick it up each time you need a drink. That gets the squatting into the equation. That reminds me of a gent. that offered me a beer while I was detecting his yard last summer... Need a beer holding hat. Just doesn't work. DRINK A BEER??? OR DETECT??? That is the question... Todd H.

add a CAN holder to your treasure pouch.... :rofl:

after all beer IS liquid gold.... isnt it????

THINK SPRING

Ron
RLTW

Got Out this weekend. AND yes I am a bit sore. The beer curls that were suggested and tested did not work for actual workout. Will have to keep trying. Bicep is really tight. Legs are good. Back has some strain but all in all, good times. Except, 6 hrs. for not. 2 Wheats and a '57 Wash.. Not the opening day outcome I was looking for.

Actually I gave some thought to this yeas ago. In general, resitance exercises that concentrate on your legs and upper body should do the trick. Addiitonally, some endurance building stuff like stress walking, cycling or even a bit of running can extend your time in the field.

The one problem with these things is they take away from time in the field. To counter this I used to incorporate detecting and calisthenics. Id detect for a while, and then do the usual stuff for five minutes or so:

Jumping jacks
Deep knee bends
Burpees
Push ups
Sit ups
Waist bends

Then back to detecting. Repeat as needed.

Im not as young now and the sound of such things is well, ... disturbing. But the idea is still a good one.