Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

World Fair kinda day with Dad!/Deus

Wow what a quick hunt but fun. Dad turned 66 yesterday and he got me hooked up with a homestead thats been in the family for a very long time. Dad only metal detected one time last year and found a wheat. His first target of the day today was a wheat..(im the digger and mr confirmation of the target ) I was breaking in the Deus in this trash and I mean very trashy home but man it was awesome. I turned over the ctx to him but really had no time to take off the 17in but he managed to find a 1885 Indian (Im also the digger) Spoon was just a surprise actually rang up on my Deus as a Indian but man it was a beauty once I got her cleaned up to find out it was from the 1893 Chicago's world Fair!!! Along with the goodies is a very cool porcelain tea cup and a button I will get info off since it has writing on the back.
Also found that cool token with the advertisement to a store which was located downtown...note it has a wheat inlaid in it!
somehow i forgot about the merc...ya i found one of them also..lol
What a great day with pops and a super awesome hunt!!
info on the spoon better pic off of ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NORMAN-Silve...-/300805695428

Those are the times that the finds fade with time but the memory of the hunt remains . . . . I can remember many hunts by father and I went on and the time together is what stands out decades later.

Love the spoon - the things like that with the history that goes with it always mean more than a coin does to me

Andy Sabisch

Andy Sabisch said:
Those are the times that the finds fade with time but the memory of the hunt remains . . . . I can remember many hunts by father and I went on and the time together is what stands out decades later.

Love the spoon - the things like that with the history that goes with it always mean more than a coin does to me

Andy Sabisch

Well said Andy, so very true in many aspects. Spoon probably was my favorite, but nothing means more then that hunt with my dad..he really had a blast! They live in AZ as I live in WI so the short time together was priceless.

Awesome story and some very cool finds. Congrats! I'm really hoping I can get my kids interested in coming out with me. I just picked up MDing over the last 6 months or so. I have an 8 yr old daughter, and she enjoys it for a while, but loses interest if it involves LOTS of digging. When we get back to the beach she'll have more patience for that (though I suspect fewer keepers without actually going out into the surf). I also have older sons (18 and 20), and they have no real interest. It's not something they grew up with. Am hoping that will change over time. As a dad, I can tell you that what you did is HUGELY appreciated by your dad. Your excitement, enthusiasm, and appreciation give me hope!

HH!
Rich

samandnoah said:
Awesome story and some very cool finds. Congrats! I'm really hoping I can get my kids interested in coming out with me. I just picked up MDing over the last 6 months or so. I have an 8 yr old daughter, and she enjoys it for a while, but loses interest if it involves LOTS of digging. When we get back to the beach she'll have more patience for that (though I suspect fewer keepers without actually going out into the surf). I also have older sons (18 and 20), and they have no real interest. It's not something they grew up with. Am hoping that will change over time. As a dad, I can tell you that what you did is HUGELY appreciated by your dad. Your excitement, enthusiasm, and appreciation give me hope!

HH!
Rich

Rich I'm 40 year old Iraq war vet who missed time with my father and yesterday will never be forgotten. I cherish every minute with him and thanks for recognizing it! Would not trade it for anything

Congrats on making memories with your Dad ! The spoon is really nice and so are your other finds. The last silver spoon I found was an ornate baby spoon that I had made into a ring for my wife. It really turned out nice and she loves it.