Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would a ferrite choke help block EMI?

AU winger

if it was put on the coil cable? or does it only work on the power side? This is all way above my pay scale. I am new to the forum. But, I have been a lurker for awhile. I currently own 5 CZ detectors-CZ6,CZ6A,CZ3D(tom tuned) CZ7 and a CZ20. I reside in Ohio and primarily hunt old schools and parks. I try to make it to the beach at least once a year.(Va. or Myrtle). I bought my first detector in 1988-Fisher 1210.

I have not tried one. Many years ago I read of some who thought it did. The evidence was sparse and several reported no help with the addition. After reading the reports I got the feeling that it was probably like a reaction to a placebo. If you thought you were going to see some reaction you got the reaction even though you did not get the medication in the trial.

CZ's are pretty quiet around interfering stuff, at least the ones I have or had were.

Welcome aboard as a member!

Thank you for the welcome and response to my question. I suspected it may have been SNAKE OIL. My cz3d is a little jittery compared to my other cz's. I wasn't sure if it was EMI or the fact That I run a little too much sensitivity.

Thank you for the welcome and response to my question. I suspected it may have been SNAKE OIL. My cz3d is a little jittery compared to my other cz's. I wasn't sure if it was EMI or the fact That I run a little too much sensitivity.
Hey AU winger , I have been using CZs since 1993 ...... cz 5 cz 70 , Cz3D and must say that CZs are almost immune to EMI . Don’t waste your money on the ferrrite choke . My Cz3D is more noisey than the other two . I just reduce the sensitivity a little. 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

I guess what this all comes down to is; I can't run as much sensitivity on the 3D as I can on the 6's. the 6's I can run 9 all day long with very few problem areas.

I have really made some great finds over the years with CZs ...... I still try newer detectors to see if I am missing out, but I love the modulated audio that is missing in almost all new digital units . I have updated my CZs with Garrett Z-link wireless and keep on making great finds . !! 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

I have run my CZ5 & 3D under power lines and next to a substation with 0 EMI
CZ's are one of the best shielded (EMI) detectors on the market.

I have really made some great finds over the years with CZs ...... I still try newer detectors to see if I am missing out, but I love the modulated audio that is missing in almost all new digital units . I have updated my CZs with Garrett Z-link wireless and keep on making great finds . !! 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸
I just got the Z-link system 2 weeks ago.(package deal with Garrett Z-link carrot) so far, I'm liking it pretty well. may try to get out later this week when it is supposed to get up to 50 degrees.

That’s great , I love the Z-Link wireless on my CZs ., you will need a 1/4 stereo/adapter for it to work FYI , you can get them on eBay

Attachments

• FFD90896-81A6-4FB5-961C-E1619C3D8FA4.jpeg
    FFD90896-81A6-4FB5-961C-E1619C3D8FA4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 243
  • 88E34797-BD8A-4525-B63F-1CFDF20D0F47.jpeg
    88E34797-BD8A-4525-B63F-1CFDF20D0F47.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 235
  • A6DA1003-92B0-4DFF-857D-FEEC20660A5A.jpeg
    A6DA1003-92B0-4DFF-857D-FEEC20660A5A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 232
That is correct, have you set it up yet ?? When you plug in the 1/4”jack to where you would have connected regular headphones, there won’t be any sound unless you buy an adapter...... the instructions don’t tell you that . If you try it you will see what I am talking about. No sound or just barely any .... with the adapter it will be fully adjustable with loads of volume.

I have only been out once since I got it. It seems to work great, Just as much volume as my corded headphones. I don't understand why you would need an adapter.
IMG_20201207_225011.jpg
IMG_20201207_224315.jpg

Last edited:
I have only been out once since I got it. It seems to work great, Just as much volume as my corded headphones. I don't understand why you would need an adapter.
I just tried removing it on Cz3D and it worked without it ..... I stand corrected!! Going to try it on my Cz70. I actually like the 70 better than the Cz3D. 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸