Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would a PI have hit these???

A

Anonymous

Using the 20 in am mode and it would not. Sens @9-10.....10.5 coil..What gives?? Too small a target?? The earring on the left(found in some dirt I dumped out of my water scoop w/ a zinc) is marked 14k the one on the right(seen lying in the sand) is not(but I assume it is?) I wonder if the excal would? Something to think about! Hopefully I'll be able to get a CS7 and find out!
HH
R-n-R
Ps. Why don't yall with the CS7's post some stuff ya found, I'd love to see it!(motivation!)

Was just about all set to add a 20 to my arsenal, but this post bothers me enough to respond. I would hate to think I would miss targets of that mass.(On the surface to boot!) Shoot. Now I've got more research to do before I pick my pure water machine.
Thanks for the report, friend!
HH!

Hey RnR, I think my Excal would have hit on them, let me dig through my stuff and see if I can come up with something similar to test. Leslie

Yes R-n-R I have found similar earrings with my Surfmaster PI. Regards Chris Vic.Aust.

The CZ is the deepest VLF machine/Disc.(land or water) I've ever used and it does hit small rings like a hammer...but....I wonder about small chains and other stuff?? Actually these two targets prob arn't worth 50 cents? I was just curious about how small a target you could hit with a PI, and maybe it's a good thing not to have to dig all these "type" of targets.....cause micro-foil bits would keep you very,very busy!
The CZ is a good machine = to the Excal in my opnion!
HH
R-n-R

See if it would, I'm not getting an excal;~)!! Just don't like the tones, screaching cats!!
HH
R-n-R

It also was a "loaded" question, I had a hunter that was using a Surfmaster PI check them...I was floored! PI is the way to go on the beach!
HH
R-n-R

That's why I'm lurking on this forum. :) My current VLFs are not waterproof, and I want my next toy to be so. As for digging many holes, I don't mind. Sand sifting is such a treat compared to the root-laden soil I usually find myself in. Recovery is such a blast too, seeing that shiny yellow in the sifter as the sand falls away! All my 10k and 14k finds get melted into new items, so I'd like to find all those little pieces, chains etc. I know my VLFs are not reliable there.

R-n-R, last time I looked, I had more than 30 of those size pieces. All found at the beach, mostly just a whiff of sound in pin point. Several of the smallest gold rings were just under dime size. One Italian round gold pendant, half the size of the dime, gives off a whiff in all metal and a low, broken tone in descriminate. Some of the earrings, if open, will not make a sound at all, but they're pretty thin. And some of the small gold items came up in my scoop with the coin I was going after. That's unusual but a nice bonus when it happens.---Rick

It partly depends on the overall size of the earring and the conductivity of the metal it is made of. The most important factor though, is whether the pin is making good electrical contact with the retaining loop. The slightest electrical resistance here can make a big difference; if the contact is good then eddy currents can flow around the whole circumference of the ring and detection is possible. If the contact is bad or broken, then the detector can only generate eddy currents in the cross section of the main part of the ring. These, depending on the cross sectional area and the conductivity of the metal, can decay too fast for the detector to respond to. The same goes for a cracked gold ring. Sometimes you will find quite a substantial ring that gives a very weak signal. Look for a crack or break around the circumference.
Eric.

I have a silver ring that is broke and almost wil not sound off in disc. I'll "connect" it an see if it hits better>...... Interesting... Thanks!
HH
R-n-R