Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would like input concerning the X-30

LD in KS

Hello everyone,
I have some questions concerning the X-Terra machines. I see a lot of posts about the X-50, but very little concerning the X-30. Would be very interested in some test results.
Not counting the coil frequency option and the manual GB feature, is the additional segments that are listed for the X-50 worth the additional money? How is the depth comparison?
I live in SE Kansas and have used a Fisher, a Garrett and I presently use a Sovereign XS2-Pro. In my area, GB doesn't seem to be a problem. I usually search for coins and relics.
I'm going to buy one or the other, just wondering if the extra features of the X-50 are worth the additional money?
Thanks for any help I can get.......LD

LD,

I have an X30 and find it VERY effective here in central florida. Depth is great, target ID is perfect and it runs very quiet.

Its a VERY comfortable unit. I have had all the top end units and find the x30 a pleasure to use and a real performer.

I personally do not have a need for manual GB in this area, so I was not going to spend the extra $$s .

I have zero regrets.

best of luck to you in your decision.

Tony

Hello LD and welcome, very nice to meet you. For me I would not even hesitate to spend the xtra money to get the 50. I think in general the 30 would be about the same in depth as the 50 unless you are in an area that has lots of minerals, then the manual GB on the 50 would be very good to have to gain a little bit of an edge on the 30. I love the large LCD display on these instruments too. Talk about light boy they are a dream to use. So LD this is my opinion and be sure to research the instruments and buy what you think you will be happy with. I really enjoy using my demo X50. I wish you the best in making your decision LD. CU later and God Bless ya.

John Tomlinson, CET
John's Detectors:usaflag::minelab::tesoro::garrett::fisher::coiltec::csflag::detecting::wave:

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS WE MONITOR
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

If you search this forum, you will find my initial field test on the X-30 (November 14, 2005), and how it compares to my X-50. I've logged quite a few hours on each of them now, and have made some more observations. If you have any questions, give me a shout. HH Randy

X-Terra 30 Initial Field Test.....
Posted by: Digger <Send a PM> (206.72.58.---)
Date: November 14, 2005 03:49PM