Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would like recommendations for an ergonomically friendly mid-level detector

amcoins44

I need to go easier on my shoulder these days, and am interested in guy's opinions on swing-friendly mid-level detectors. I have an XLT that has been good to me, but would like to hear opinions on other's experience. I am 6 foot tall. I do try to keep my swing reasonably close to my body to help reduce stress. Any opinions?

Thanks

The best detector weight and balance wise that I have found, keep in mind, I have a bad shoulder, elbow and wrist, would be the Quest 40 or the Quest Pro sporting the super lightweight 5x9" coil.
Also the handle to me is the most comfortable I haver ever had to grip.
I am not saying to buy either one, I have used the Q40, for the price is an excellent detector.

You can make any other detector feather weight buy buying a harness, such as the Detecting Buddy, google it. I have one and it can really make a difference when using a heavy detector, it will make you take another look at the XLT. Most inexpensive way to go without buying another detector.

The harness is interesting, but I would think it would be really bothersome to set the rig down to dig. Is that so?

Thanks for the ideas. Please keep 'em coming!

Depends on the frequency of digging. If I’m digging every few minutes or up to 10 minutes in between targets,I can swing something heavy all day. But if I’m in “that site” which is low volume but high quality,I use a harness. I don’t mind the hassle of a harness when I see a Barber or better...but may only dig one target in 3-4 hours.

amcoins44 said:
The harness is interesting, but I would think it would be really bothersome to set the rig down to dig. Is that so?

That's the part I find most annoying about using them. I have the Detecting Buddy which is pictured in Sven's post. It IS very comfortable and makes the detector feel like it's weightless, at least on my swinging arm. I just don't like being harnessed to a detector.

If my CTX starts feeling too heavy, then my Omega comes out. Good coin hunter.

Any of the newer first texas stuff. I have been using a t2 but also have a bounty hunter landranger pro, an omega 8000 and an f75 se that i have never used. They are all easy on the shoulder. I have had three surgeries on my right shoulder up to a replacment and my left has a medium tear in the rotator cup. I can detect 4 or more hoirs comfortably with the t2.

I love the Detecting Buddy for my Etrac....Can let go and it stays there...dont get in the way when ...I dig....I dont like any other harness and tried them all!

Good point(s)!---I don't like a harness/bungee set up on ANY detector.
mrwilburino said:

That's the part I find most annoying about using them. I have the Detecting Buddy which is pictured in Sven's post. It IS very comfortable and makes the detector feel like it's weightless, at least on my swinging arm. I just don't like being harnessed to a detector.

If my CTX starts feeling too heavy, then my Omega comes out. Good coin hunter.

In addition to other detectors, I use a Quest 40. It's a great machine for the price, very light and well balanced with the smaller coil. It simply produces. I still don't know where it's made. The manual definitely needs some work.

Follow up.

Purchased an F75 Limited, and the ergonomics are great. It is so light compared to the XLT. Really happy with my choice.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Ergonomic, light...and productive!
Learn it and enjoy it.

My Teknetics T2 classic is definitely my choice for swinging all day.

Me personally like the T2 as my top mid range detector,weight for me is my main problem as i suffer from a very bad wrist injury from a biking accident in the 70s which has come back too haunt me in later years,so the T2 gets my seal of approval for mid range but for me the ultimate machine and that is not necessary because of the top performance is the ability to swing a detector with the wrist problems that i have but that crown goes to the Deus for sure.......but it could be seen as being out of the mid price bracket range,but if i want too carry on detecting then i have to buy what i consider the lightest machine possible.

Mega said:
Me personally like the T2 as my top mid range detector,weight for me is my main problem as i suffer from a very bad wrist injury from a biking accident in the 70s which has come back too haunt me in later years,so the T2 gets my seal of approval for mid range but for me the ultimate machine and that is not necessary because of the top performance is the ability to swing a detector with the wrist problems that i have but that crown goes to the Deus for sure.......but it could be seen as being out of the mid price bracket range,but if i want too carry on detecting then i have to buy what i consider the lightest machine possible.

Really glad you're still able to enjoy the hobby. Way to stick with it!

Andy