Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would the Atx be any good for coin hunting in extreme iron trash ghost towns???

I wouldn't use any PI in iron infested areas. They all are real sensitive to iron. You can get both a low-high signal and a high low signal. A recipe for frustration.....:rage:

John-Edmonton said:
I wouldn't use any PI in iron infested areas. They all are real sensitive to iron. You can get both a low-high signal and a high low signal. A recipe for frustration.....:rage:

Actually, there is a PI which I would happily use over any VLF in a site with iron that I know also has coins. It's the TDI pro. Because of the readily adjustable ground balance on the pro, iron can not only be ignored, it can be seen right through. Here is an ad-free video which gives you a taste of the Pro's abilities to see through iron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38qI7Xz2BBo. Indeed, the TDI is a silver hunting beast! FYI: if the guy in that video had put his ground balance knob a little lower, the results would have been even better.

Sorry, I know this is a Garrett thread. If one can figure out how to adjust the ground balance of the atx on the fly, it could do the exact same thing. And by that I mean go above and below the actual point the ground balances at. The atx would have the potential to get the deep coins!

I use Pi's in ghost towns, ATX is one of the two i use. What I do is tend to hunt the outer areas full of iron, sure I'll detect the inner iron areas but usually detect outside were I can get decent separation.

However, only use a Pi when mineralization effects depth. Out west we need a good Pi for fresh water lakes and inland detecting were mineralization effects VLF.

I'm leaving here in a few minutes to detect a ghost town, only two machines I'm taking are my ATX and GPX 5000. Both punch down deep, and do ok in iron.

Good luck,
Paul