Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you dig this signal - video

james1969

Well I got a camcorder for Christmas so I though since it's raining I may as well have a go at making a video,this quality of this video is very poor but you will be able to see me sweeping my GT with Joey coil over a piece of iron,the iron is on Styrofoam to keep it up from the floor,you will hear the GT giving a low croaking signal over the iron,why should it do this as the Sov will usually null over iron?,you'll find out!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v488/shrike5000/?action=view&current=goldiron2.flv

Thats right there shows the importance of working slow in and around iron........as you see it clearly gives a decent siganl when the coil is moving slow enough, if it is moving to fast it wants to null spit and crackle .........before you lifted the coil I was thinking I would have defintely dug that target........

People ask me why I dig bottle caps, because they sound a lot like that. Well, what if? I dig any signal in the water and wet sand, that will give me tone, even the crappy ones. I pays eventually.

That tone at 110% should be dug or why get\use the sovereign! If you don't dig that target you might as well go back to single frequency machine!!!
until better technology comes out the multifrequecy machines will rule the the ground.

if you put the coin on top of the iron you probally won't get any signal. i did that once with a nickle couldn't get a signal no matter where i set the disc. picked up the nickle an tried pinpoint and got a loud response. horseshoe just barely under the ground.

I have learned that when using my Excal, when things start nulling, I have to go back over the area slow to see if targets start to get repeatable signals ( such as the one in the video). I do believe, especially on the beach, that a lot of good stuff is hiding right next to iron. I do know that I picked up lots of coins and silver jewlery in between tons of iron nails with other detectors, but cannot tell if they were on top of or underneath the iron ( I doubt it, since it is a single freq unit, but the detector does have good discrimination, runs at a low frequency, and if there is a solid hit in between the broken signals, I dig it).

I also have taken GulfHunters advice about digging almost everything on the beach that sounds off. And my pulse unit will be taking me to the task on that one ! I think that is also part of the reason a lot of guys using pulse units get gold in the iron laden areas on the beach. I wonder how many times they bring up a deep piece of iron in addition to the gold ring when the scoop up the sand.

JC

More like 17 frequencies?

Nugget..I know the Excal has 17 frequencies. I was referring to my other, single frequency machine that I use. Writing was my worst subject, and I have been known to confuse not on the reader on occasion, but myself as well !!