Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you Make the Trade?

jimz49

As the subject implies, I would like to know whether you would trade a very hot CZ-3D for the newest version F75. Not an upgrade. But a brand new, off the shelf, this year's version, F75. Let me know why you would or wouldn't. Thanks for your input.

Knowing what I know from my experiences with each model, I would make such a trade. I've had three CZ's including the 3d and three F 75's including the newest version with DST. The F 75's with their rapid target response perform better in trash and far and away better on a iron infested sites. The 75's are further equally as deep as most CZ's and in some instances, deeper. The CZ3d would get the nod for salt water beach hunting. HH jim tn

A very hot CZ of any flavor would be a keeper for me, and would become primarily a beach hunter.

That said, if I were not hunting the beach and only hunting dirt, I'd do the trade ... ditto on what jim tn said!. Would be nice to have the F75 LTD version though.

My detector arsenal includes two CZ6A's, a CZ20 and an original camo F75-LTD with the update done. If you can afford it, it is good to have multiple detectors to pick from!
Cheers,
tvr

Hot CZ-3Ds are like money in the bank..... A very hot CZ-3D is a keeper.

F75s are good no doubt about it, but, what if the off the shelf one is not up to speed? You have lost your hot CZ.....

Of course the new F75 will have warranty, that is something to think about...

Not all F-75s are created equal.

Not nearly as inconsistent as the analog cz-3ds, but some are definitely hotter than others.

A new F75 is for sure more of an all-purpose detector, in heavy trash or iron I would give it the nod. And if you get a newer one it should handle EMI much better than they used to.

On the other hand, with a site that isn't too trashy or nail littered and I'll take a "design intent" hot and stable cz-3d every time.

No...F-75 quality control way too 'iffy' for me to trade a known 'very hot' CZ anything.

Now, if you can verify operation/depth/sensitivity ahead of time it might be another matter.

Since they're two different machines, I'd suggest a third option...keep the 3D and buy the F-75. :)

mike

Mike I like your suggestion. As a matter of fact, as I read the posts I realized each machine had it's good points. The question then became....why give up a known machine for an unknown? I think I'll hang onto my cz for now. When I find the right F75, then I'll decide what to do with the cz. Thanks everyone for your reply.

Lets put it this way you know what you have and don't know what you are getting kind of sums it up.
On the other hand if you don't like your CZ perhaps a trade is an option.

Both good units but I am a CZ nut and would not trade, however your situation may differ...

2014 technology versus early 90 technology................. Make your choice on which you want.......

Depends completely on what you detect for, and where you detect. It is my opinion that anytime you have multi frequency available versus 1 frequency ..in some areas of detecting the multi will win out.

Depends on what your looking for in what kind of sites. In heavy iron I could see where a F-75 would be good with quick recovery speed. But in semi trash or older open areas like old picnic groves the CZ-3D would rule.I bought an F-75 when they first came out and as a long time CZ user I just couldn't bond with it. I did find coins with it in places I had the CZ,But not to the point where I kept it. Sold it and got another CZ-3D. But that is just me.

I sold my very hot and reworked CZ-5 with 5" and 8" coil and regret the heck out of it. If I had it back I wouldn't trade 2 F-75's for it.