Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Garrett brought out the Ace 250 with the pro mode!

Mick in Dubbo

In my books, it would make it a perfect detector for coin shooting. Having played around with the US version AT Pro, the pro mode provided real great audio feed back, which was the only thing missing from the 250. Apart from that, I found the 250 to be a perfect detector. I still haven't come accross a detector that pinpoints as well as it. Not to mention, it's still one of the most attractive looking detecors on the market. I also personally prefer 12 notch detectors. It seems to be the most practicle width notches. Being narrow enough to ID junk, but still wide enough to lock onto a good target.
Mick Evans.

If you think about it, that's what they did with the AT Pro. In the Standard mode, it's almost identical to the 250. You warming up Down Under yet, still blazing hot here in The States.

I noticed that the AT does have the 12 notch set up.:thumbup:. I have been hearing from Aussie users that the numeric display is all over the place as far as the numbers go. I shouldn't really be surprised at that give the fact that it has so many numbers. I bought a Tesoro recently. I've been spoilt by detectors with visual displays. I'll give it bit more time, but if it doesn't work out, I'll off load it and get the AT Pro. Started todays hunt with the Tesoro, but got annoyed with it and did most of the hunt with the trusty old GTI.:thumbup: I'll have to get the 6x9 coil though. Really love those elliptical coils. Pity you can't get them as a standard coil. I'll have to order from the States though as the local importer has only got the International version. It's pro mode tones are deadpan compared to the US version.
It's still cold here. Rode the pushy to work Thursday morning at minus 3. It'll be a bit warmer tonight. It'll be a toasty 1 degree.:biggrin: I imagine that your climate will be fairly similar. At least we don't have to dig through a permafrost to make coin recoveries.
Mick Evans.

I can understand why you say that.While most brands of detectors give less audio feedback with DD coils, I've noticed with my 1500, the 5x10 coil gives better audio feedback than the standard coil. I also noticed that on the couple of occasions that I used a US version AT Pro, it gave great audio information ie distinct soft edges and a smooth even tone over coins. The International version doesn't do that.(It has a different mother board to the US version.)
Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the Ace as previously mentioned.
Mick Evans.