Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wow, from another forun. RE: Whites new TDI

FrankMD

The Friends & Finds Forum

Welcome, FrankMD (Log Out) Control Center Private Messages
I'm on my way home from Virginia .....
Posted by: Ed SW Fla [ Send a PM ]
Date: April 01, 2008 04:25AM Registered: 2 years ago

.... will get back to SW Fla early this afternoon. As soon as I can, I'll count my meager find of bullets for Craig's contest.

Was fun spending time with Butch, Pam, Craig, Jim, and of course my buddy Keith from PA. That's where I am right now ... at Keith's house.

Keith was using the new White's TDI final prototype pulse delay with discrimination. Wow, that machine was finding even small stuff deep in that hot ground .... like a percussion cap at 6 to 8". I know that does not sound deep for normal ground, but in this hot ground that's unbelievable.

We did a little test .... The TDI found a target that was guessed to be a mini ball. Before it was dug we scanned the location with an MXT and a Minelab. Neither even got the threshhold to warble or move. Then the target found by the TDI was dug to find a 69 cal mini at 8 to 10" deep.

That will be a very popular machine for relic hunters in bad ground. No real advantage for folks to use a TDI in friendly ground.

I want one!

Yea it was impressive..brought my explorer and my infinium...the infinium pi could read the same signals and depth as the whites pi but the response was much much slower...he could detect circles around me while I was having to swing the infinium slow and deliberate and scrub the ground with the coil ...he was able to cover ground much quicker with pinpoint accuracy....equals more good targets .also the whites pi could tune out square nails....Mr "b" said that he only dug 3 square nails the entire time using the new whites pi...that said better ground won't allow the nail to be rejected out all the way....... he was showing the explorer and mxt users where to dig the deeper signals they couldn't read...now that is a humbling experience!

Hi all,

I think from all the many posts I've recently read, comparing the Infinium to the White's TDI is like comparing apples to oranges! If and when a waterproof version is ever available, then you can compare the two. I would think based on what I've read so far, the TDI should be compared against ML machine models and any PIs that are not waterproof.

Until then, the Infinium is still the one to beat as a land and water based PI detector!

Thanks and HH!!!:thumbup:

Yep, I have an Infinium and like most am interested in the new kid on the block.
The real reason is I guess comparison but it is difficult to do that.
How does my machine stack-up against the new PI in performance alone is a curiosity -all things being equal.
I guess it is like the new car thing when the new is not new and what is new is different. Is it better?
They all work and have strong points. Is one better than the other?

Well I will be the first to say I am glad there are choices, and like what you have.
Even a Chevy man likes a well dressed Mustang.

I will be watching the reviews like many when the TDI is for sale. PI's may be the kind of animal that does not evolve too fast like the Model T.

Sunny Jim