Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wow ! Nice Gold !

synthnut

My buddy Bob posted an interesting YouTube video under his YT name LunaCruse…It’s titled “Wow! Nice Gold!”…A lot of you have wondered about finding real gold with a detector, and I have dropped the name orx more than once on this forum…I know it’s a Legend forum, but I wanted you guys to see a ”real” video of finding gold with a detector….The xp orx is almost double the frequency of the Legend with the small high freq coil that Bob is running…The small piece of gold that he found weighed in at .3 of a gm…..I’m not sure if the Legend would have found this piece of gold……???…..Enjoy !

Compare or not……Whatever makes you happy….I guess Bob should put his gold back as he found it with a multi purpose detector
Yes, because that is clearly what I said. My point was that people who buy multi-purpose detectors shouldn't get hung-up on gold performance or they may end up choosing a worse overall detector for their needs simply because it's slightly better at gold. If you want good gold performance, get a gold detector.

You can purchase a few different coils for the orx that run at different frequencies….They run as low as 4khz and as high as 81 khz with many frequencies in between….I’d say that they cover a few types of detecting….I’ve hunted side by side with Bob and his orx…I bought the Legend because I’m in NY and hunt saltwater beaches….The multi freq works great on these beaches !….His orx works parks and tot lots with solid numbers as well as schools….To say it covers a lot of bases is an understatement….Btw….The orx works better hunting gold than a lot of detectors that are designed and designated as “gold” detectors….”Believe 1/2 of what you see, and none of what you hear”….

Yes, because that is clearly what I said. My point was that people who buy multi-purpose detectors shouldn't get hung-up on gold performance or they may end up choosing a worse overall detector for their needs simply because it's slightly better at gold. If you want good gold performance, get a gold detector.
I'm looking for a multipurpose vlf machine that's good on small gold. And will be a primary machine at home doing normal detecting.
I'll be up in Alaska with my little brother who lives there. I will have a 2300 and possibly the new 6000.
Though trash is a major issue.
The Oll MXT did quite well. Though not a sub gram machine.
The 900 and Manticore are high on my list.
Not interested in the 1000.

Yes I'm interested in a great vlf on small gold.
It has its place.

the Legend and the Nox 800 and 600 do not do to bad on gold either, LOL, not quite sure about the Manticore yet since mine still has not arrived, I would think the Nox 900 would do pretty good also since its a upgraded Nox 800.

never have been interested in the Xp detectors and I can not give you a reason they just never appealed to me

I have been giving some thoughts to cancelling my manticore order and picking up a Nox 900 I am also going to give the new Quest detector a go when it comes out heck what I would save by cancelling the Manticore order I could get the Nox 900 and also almost have enough for the Quest Z80 LOL

I thought this was a Legend forum. Shouldn't this be in the Deus or comparison one? If I find something about the Legend I like better, should I go to the Deus forum to tell others how much better the Legend is.
.I’m not sure if the Legend would have found this piece of gold
Then I'm not sure why you posted it here. Why do you assume, without being sure and without any other evidence, that the Orx is better at finding gold? If higher frequency makes it better, I have a Compass Judge 2 that operates at 100khz. Does that make it better than the Orx? Does a video of someone find a small nugget prove anything except that the Orx could, in this case, find a small one?

I have a Legend and a Deus with both HF coils. I have a small nugget I got when i purchased a MD-20 detector and the Legend picks it up further away than either of my HF coils. Maybe it is because of the large amount of ferrite in my soil but gold country is usually pretty mineralized with ferrite too. Note too that the higher frequencies pick up small low conductors like tiny gold better but lower frequencies detect high conductors like larger gold better.

Yes I'm interested in a great vlf on small gold.

Go see why Steve Herschbach used an 800 instead of the Orx. He posted about on his forum and he has more experience looking for gold than LunaCruise and most of the rest of us put together. Check with Jeff McClendon too. He has had both, lives in gold country and is pretty good at finding it. Don't get me wrong, I love the Deus and the HF coils but if I go looking for gold, it will be the Legend or Gold Bug that goes with me.

I thought this was a Legend forum. Shouldn't this be in the Deus or comparison one? If I find something about the Legend I like better, should I go to the Deus forum to tell others how much better the Legend is.

Then I'm not sure why you posted it here. Why do you assume, without being sure and without any other evidence, that the Orx is better at finding gold? If higher frequency makes it better, I have a Compass Judge 2 that operates at 100khz. Does that make it better than the Orx? Does a video of someone find a small nugget prove anything except that the Orx could, in this case, find a small one?

I have a Legend and a Deus with both HF coils. I have a small nugget I got when i purchased a MD-20 detector and the Legend picks it up further away than either of my HF coils. Maybe it is because of the large amount of ferrite in my soil but gold country is usually pretty mineralized with ferrite too. Note too that the higher frequencies pick up small low conductors like tiny gold better but lower frequencies detect high conductors like larger gold better.

Go see why Steve Herschbach used an 800 instead of the Orx. He posted about on his forum and he has more experience looking for gold than LunaCruise and most of the rest of us put together. Check with Jeff McClendon too. He has had both, lives in gold country and is pretty good at finding it. Don't get me wrong, I love the Deus and the HF coils but if I go looking for gold, it will be the Legend or Gold Bug that goes with me.
Well Said LOL

the Legend and the Nox 800 and 600 do not do to bad on gold either, LOL, not quite sure about the Manticore yet since mine still has not arrived, I would think the Nox 900 would do pretty good also since its a upgraded Nox 800.

never have been interested in the Xp detectors and I can not give you a reason they just never appealed to me

I have been giving some thoughts to cancelling my manticore order and picking up a Nox 900 I am also going to give the new Quest detector a go when it comes out heck what I would save by cancelling the Manticore order I could get the Nox 900 and also almost have enough for the Quest Z80 LOL
Having used Explorer's for many years.
That 2D screen has me excited.
No machine before it would paint multiple targets at the same time with a delayed fade.
Wish it's predecessor's did that.
Though their getting to heavy.
Gotta love getting old.
Yup. Never clicked with the duse.

Sorry man.
I got OCD an ADHD.
If I don't respond instantly.
I lose it. Finding my train of thought two posts over.
😆😆😆
Yup. I've side tracked many post's.
Sorry mon.

Many folks were talking sub gram sized gold…..There are plenty of machines that can pick up gold rings…I posted the video to show an inexpensive machine that could pick up sub gram gold that a few folks were interested in finding out about…I own and really like my Legend….I already know that it will find gold rings…I haven’t hit any sub gram gold with it to know if it will…Sorry if I offended anyone….Please show me the sub gram gold that you guys have found with your Legend, since this is a Legend forum .

Many folks were talking sub gram sized gold…..There are plenty of machines that can pick up gold rings…I posted the video to show an inexpensive machine that could pick up sub gram gold that a few folks were interested in finding out about…I own and really like my Legend….I already know that it will find gold rings…I haven’t hit any sub gram gold with it to know if it will…Sorry if I offended anyone….Please show me the sub gram gold that you guys have found with your Legend, since this is a Legend forum .
didn't offend me LOL Steve Hersbach uses the Nox 800 quite a bit for his Gold nugget VLF, there are some videos of a user in Australia using the Legend to find sub gram nuggets, I do not use my Leegend when I detect for nuggets, I will once they straighten the Threshold out but for rite now I am using the Garrett 24K for my gold VLF detector and I just recently received my Garrett Axiom which I am still in the Learning process with the Axiom, I love using the 24K for my VLF Nugget detector

I posted the video because my buddy was fortunate enough to have someone recording him when he found sub gram gold, and I thought that I would share it….I don’t remember saying that it was better than any other detector…From now on I will keep any info, or comparisons, no matter how small they might be to myself……and I will remind everyone else to do the same…..I will join in with everyone else to remind folks that this is a “Legend” forum !….I stand corrected !….Thanks !

I posted the video because my buddy was fortunate enough to have someone recording him when he found sub gram gold, and I thought that I would share it….I don’t remember saying that it was better than any other detector…From now on I will keep any info, or comparisons, no matter how small they might be to myself……and I will remind everyone else to do the same…..I will join in with everyone else to remind folks that this is a “Legend” forum !….I stand corrected !….Thanks !
synthnut: I do not think the problem was you posting what you posted but rather that you posted it in the Legend part of the Forum, had you posted it in the Xp section most likely no one would have said anything.

This is just my opinion though

I think frequency makes a difference weather you are looking for gold rings, gold jewelry in general and sub gram gold nuggets.
They will all hit on a large gold ring but the thinner and smaller the higher the frequency the better. With that I don’t think on a sub gram the difference between 40khz and 60khz is significant but I don’t hunt sub gram gold