Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOW!

arizonaames

I was just coming back from the VA and thought that I would stop at the coin shop in Bay City. I got there at about 9:30am and the sign said it did not open until 10:00am. I had my MXT in the truck and thought that I would drive around the neighborhood to see if I could find a spot to detect. I found a small community park with some old trees. I found a place to park and the first coin I hit registered at 80VDI. For sure it was a dime. I dug down next to the tree only 3 inches and out popped the coin. It looked like a Canadian Penny and I put it in my pocket. My diabetes was acting up and I was having a problem seeing. I found a quarter, and a dime and a few other pennies. I was getting a little nervous as a 20 something fella was eyeing me and was loitering on the swings. My Walther was in the truck and I was a walk away from it so I packed it up and left for the coin shop. When I got to the coin shop to buy a post 1941 penny book, I asked the shopkeeper what the coin was? He kept saying Indian and I kept thinking East Indian because with my limited vision, it looked like a foreign coin. It was a 1882 Indian Head. Pinch me......oldest coin to date....

That's super! What a great find. :thumbup: What an awesome story to go along with that Indian. You better take better care of yourself and keep something to eat in your pockets. PLEASE! HH, Nancy