Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wrapped Gifts on the Beach

LawrencetheMDer

Like ALL metal detectorists, I like finding gold. But I also like finding wrapped gifts while hunting the beach. Let me explain; once in a while I detect an unrecognizable clump of iron-rust that I’ll refer to as a “wrapped gift”. Usually, the gift is very heavy and concealed or “wrapped”. Apparently, these gifts overwhelm my ferrous filters on my Manticore & Equinox 800 detectors. What is inside of my wrapped-in-rust gifts?

There are various ways to unwrap such gifts including the use of electrolysis, acids (e.g., vinegar) or brute force.

Below is a key lock “unwrapped” from one of my beach gifts. I took a hammer and placed the wrapped gift on a cement driveway and smacked it a few times to unwrap the rust. [I have never found anything of value unwrapping a gift]. But wait, there’s more:

Below is a picture of 2 still-wrapped gifts, just presented to me by Machine gun beach during a recent hunt. Both were about 8” down and came in the high 90s range on the Manticore, if I recall correctly. I didn’t measure them but you can get an idea of size based on the size of the standard hammer head.

What’s inside?

I surgically removed the rust with loving smacks. The top gift is a battery terminal. The bottom gift is the remains of a spark plug (type unknown). Cool.

This is how slow it has been on the west coast of Florida.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Happy Hunting

20240221_103616.jpg
20240220_145241.jpg
20240220_145450.jpg