Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wrecked our relic hunt/ Getting Old Stinx

Confetrit

Ranger Randall and I were all set to go relic hunting this morning. I got up at 05:30 this morning and was getting dressed. I was fully dressed minus my boots when I pulled my lower back. This was the third time this has happened in the last 4 days. When this happens my lower back locks up and I'm unable to stand straight for about 15 to 20 minutes and walk or shuffle around like Cro Magnon Man. I hated that I wrecked our hunt, but I didn't want to risk this happening in the woods. All was packed and ready to go and then this. This first happened on Thursday and then again on Christmas Eve afternoon. Christmas day I was good to go all day and felt I was out of the woods, until this morning. It looks like I have had the last hunt of 2021. Sorry Randall. Getting old STINX!

Ranger Randall and I were all set to go relic hunting this morning. I got up at 05:30 this morning and was getting dressed. I was fully dressed minus my boots when I pulled my lower back. This was the third time this has happened in the last 4 days. When this happens my lower back locks up and I'm unable to stand straight for about 15 to 20 minutes and walk or shuffle around like Cro Magnon Man. I hated that I wrecked our hunt, but I didn't want to risk this happening in the woods. All was packed and ready to go and then this. This first happened on Thursday and then again on Christmas Eve afternoon. Christmas day I was good to go all day and felt I was out of the woods, until this morning. It looks like I have had the last hunt of 2021. Sorry Randall. Getting old STINX!

Sorry to hear, as I know very well about BACK PROBLEMS & how difficult it is to walk & do anything without the pain that goes with it! Please, Lord Jesus, be with Confetrit: & ease his pain by Your Comforting Love & help him to give You the honor, glory & praise in & for all things, as he reaches out to You for help & mercy for his HEALTH to be better including complete HEALING of his body! Amen! Ma

Sorry to hear. When you get better,
try stretching exercises for your hamstrings every evening before bed. I am certainly not diagnosing but offering a suggestion as many lower back issues come from tight hamstrings.
Also depending on works best for you, a heat pack or ice may offer quick relief to pulled back muscles. For me, ice packs work 100x better than heat. Hope you feel better soon so you can get out and enjoy the hobby.

Sorry to hear. When you get better,
try stretching exercises for your hamstrings every evening before bed. I am certainly not diagnosing but offering a suggestion as many lower back issues come from tight hamstrings.
Also depending on works best for you, a heat pack or ice may offer quick relief to pulled back muscles. For me, ice packs work 100x better than heat. Hope you feel better soon so you can get out and enjoy the hobby.
Thanks JimmyCt. My doctor has recommended doing yoga exercises. I have a great doctor that I have much respect for. He said that he knew I'd laugh at the suggestion, but I told him that at this point I'd be willing to try most anything. My doctor said that he could guarantee that I'd notice a great reduction in lower back pain. I reckon I'll be trying some yoga exercises in the near future.

Thanks JimmyCt. My doctor has recommended doing yoga exercises. I have a great doctor that I have much respect for. He said that he knew I'd laugh at the suggestion, but I told him that at this point I'd be willing to try most anything. My doctor said that he could guarantee that I'd notice a great reduction in lower back pain. I reckon I'll be trying some yoga exercises in the near future.
Yes Yoga includes many stretches that include hamstrings into the movement. You will not only see great reduction in lower back pain, you will become much more flexible with body movements.

I was like you laughing at the idea of yoga. Since I have incorporated yoga movements along with body weight exercises, I feel 100x better.

Good luck to you sir and keep the body moving.

A few yrs ago, a buddy of mine went to the doc because he couldn't hardly move with back pain. He hates , and never goes to the doctor. The doc did nothing for him . He went home ,, googled symptoms and cures ,, yoga popped up. He ordered a CD that would cover his symptoms. He was to the point he'd try anything. He swears by yoga now. It worked for him.

Getting old really su@ks

Well, it isn't the age that a person reaches, it is the MILAGE of how far we've gone & how much misuse & abuse we've done to the BODY & BRAINS! Dad always said, his aches & pains wasn't from age but the mileage & he was a hard worker placing a lot of LABOR on his body & suffered for it, too! My parents were both farm workers & dad a Construction worker plus had jobs loading & unloading FREIGHT on trucking Docks--no lazy bones in neither! Ma

A few yrs ago, a buddy of mine went to the doc because he couldn't hardly move with back pain. He hates , and never goes to the doctor. The doc did nothing for him . He went home ,, googled symptoms and cures ,, yoga popped up. He ordered a CD that would cover his symptoms. He was to the point he'd try anything. He swears by yoga now. It worked for him.

Jesus helped him by showing him where to go & what to do! Yoga is a variety of exercises--I have never done them, but wouldn't use them for meditation only, as I follow God's Holy Spirit & obey His guidance in my life on earth--which is dwindling down my body to earthly burial & my Living Soul for a heavenly blissful rest! Amen! Ma

Unfortunately I suffer from disc degeneration so I have to be extra careful doing anything. Fortunately when detecting I’m up and down a lot and going clear down to my knees and then back up is way easier than just doing the squat and recover. Knees are ok but using the back muscles to balance and semi twist (as needed) not so good.