Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WSA 2 XL headphones issue/question

T-DUB

Got the WSA 2 XL headphones in, got them paired up, but scratching my head about the volume. On volume setting 1,7,8,9 it blows your ears out, no volume on 2, volume 3 and 4 tolerable to use, volume 5 and 6 very low. Anyone else experienced that with those volume settings. Seems of and out of whack/order, and like something is wrong with the headphones.

Doesn't seem "normal" T Dub. If your other headphones don't respond that way, it sounds like a warranty issue. Might try unpairing and repairing just for kicks.
HH Jeff

This is a very Odd issue. The first thing I would do is download the software to the unit and start over. Write down your settings because you will lose them. I think this should be first.

I was out for a little while this morning and thinking about the volume problem you posted so tested my headphone control running through the settings on the rc and had full control with the buttons on the headphones. Hope it gets resolved for you.

I have contacted XP for some insight and will go from there. The audible sound with the volume control is the same whether I change it from the RC or the buttons on the headphones. Odd that there is no gradual difference in audible sound when going 1-9 or 9-1, every change/level is an abrupt one. In theory 5-6 should be louder than 3-4, but they are not, and 1 should not be like 9, and then just crickets on 2, definitely a head scratcher. May be as simple as unpairing and then repairing. Do you update the WSA II-Xl's ? Not sure it would serve a purpose they are just wireless headphones for sound and no display or control capability, but again i am not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I have contacted XP for some insight and will go from there. The audible sound with the volume control is the same whether I change it from the RC or the buttons on the headphones. Odd that there is no gradual difference in audible sound when going 1-9 or 9-1, every change/level is an abrupt one. In theory 5-6 should be louder than 3-4, but they are not, and 1 should not be like 9, and then just crickets on 2, definitely a head scratcher. May be as simple as unpairing and then repairing. Do you update the WSA II-Xl's ? Not sure it would serve a purpose they are just wireless headphones for sound and no display or control capability, but again i am not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Is your D2 updated?
Re pairing as others said may be the answer as well.
I never thought much about my audio setting on the remote. It’s been on 6 and I don’t if that was the default or not.
I got the WSA ll xl 2’s for their water proof characteristics. I know they’re not meant for submersing but I’m in the Pacific NW and hunt in the rain frequently. If it rains again.
Also with these headphones it freed up the puck that could be used on my D1 arm with my 9 or 11 inch coil and then I have two D2 detectors.
These headphones are really nice !
Hope you get it resolved!

Is your D2 updated?
Re pairing as others said may be the answer as well.
I never thought much about my audio setting on the remote. It’s been on 6 and I don’t if that was the default or not.
I got the WSA ll xl 2’s for their water proof characteristics. I know they’re not meant for submersing but I’m in the Pacific NW and hunt in the rain frequently. If it rains again.
Also with these headphones it freed up the puck that could be used on my D1 arm with my 9 or 11 inch coil and then I have two D2 detectors.
These headphones are really nice !
Hope you get it resolved!
Just got my D2 couple weeks ago, had version 6 something on it, immediately updated to 71, so yes updated. Prob just a lemon set more than likely, that would be my luck, things happen.

New headset was sent and received. I am able to cycle from lowest to highest and vise versa with distinct volume change at each level. The other ones definitely had something wrong with them and they have been sent back.

Sounds like you got a pretty good warranty response. That’s great another set was available. They seem to have been on back order not long ago. I sure like my set

Sounds like you got a pretty good warranty response. That’s great another set was available. They seem to have been on back order not long ago. I sure like my set
Tbone1, yes it was a fairly quick process for the replacement/return, I was pleased with that. Little luck and timing I guess. They are my cooler weather set. Thanks for “following”.