Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WSA2-XL Question

Steve O

I just updated the remote to 1.1, = complete, done.
The puck won't turn on to update it . . I will charge it to see if that works, then re-update it.
Question about the WSA2-XL Headphones . . . . Do they have to get updated? I don't see it being possible on the Deus website. If no, do I have to pair it again with the remote?

They need to be updated. I just followed the instructions on the XP website...
Thanks HPH!. . . . but one more question. Do I update under the WSAII ? Because I don't see on the website an update for the WSAII-XL, just the WSAII . . . . Is the update the same for either of those two headphones? Do I use the Short chord?

Thanks HPH!. . . . but one more question. Do I update under the WSAII ? Because I don't see on the website an update for the WSAII-XL, just the WSAII . . . . Is the update the same for either of those two headphones? Do I use the Short chord?
I believe that's correct. It's been a little while since I did it, but the headphones are identical other than the over the ear compared to the backphone configuration. Yes, use the single cable, not the 3-way...

Yea bro, It worked!! I used the WSAII back-up for the WSAII-XL's . . then I paired it up to the Remote. I'll tell ya, if you don't go in the exact order they tell ya . . it won't update.
You have to hit the - then the+ (on the phones), hold them both for 12 seconds, then plug the short chord in. If you have the plug in the phones & the computer before holding the - & +, it won't update. Thank goodness my wife helped me.

Yea bro, It worked!! I used the WSAII back-up for the WSAII-XL's . . then I paired it up to the Remote. I'll tell ya, if you don't go in the exact order they tell ya . . it won't update.
You have to hit the - then the+ (on the phones), hold them both for 12 seconds, then plug the short chord in. If you have the plug in the phones & the computer before holding the - & +, it won't update. Thank goodness my wife helped me.
After those all those steps you are supposed to ”Turn yourself around and then your doing the Hokey Pokey‘!
The part of hitting plus and minus then plug it in was just nuts, IMO……..

Thank God you guys posted this! I was going mental trying to update my WSA 2 XL headphones. I read how you must do everything step by step as instructed and whoopee done!

Some additional info.
It’s not required to update necessarily the WSa modules. Depends on versions used I believe.
Example.
Let say you have wsa and remote with 1.00 in them.
You update remote to 1.1. Will headphones still work? Yep.
One problem though. They (the headphones will work as long as you don’t unpair them them from remote. You unpair headphones via using remote game over. You would have to update wsa to v 1.1 to match remote to get headphones to work.
And when you turn on remote and select wireless you would see update headphone command. You wouldn’t see this in the example ingwve above with 1.0 being on wsa and 1.1 being in remote.
So bottom line.
Can I pick up a Deus 2 remote coil, and wsa and turn on and necessarily tell if re ore and wsa are using same version? Nope
But if Impicked and purposely went snd unpaired the wsa using remote snd then tried to repair. I would then know wsa doesn’t have same version as remote. Update headphone command would be seen. And I couldn’t even say at that time which version exactly the wsa possessed.

I’ll do video today and show. And post in this thread.
What I show.
A persons outing or detecting vacation could be ruined. Depending on what Deus 2 user does.
Also buying used units. One could be had. Not knowing any better. Depending.

Last edited: