Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-1 Probe

Coinboy007

I am thinking about getting a Sunray X1 probe for my etrac. I got a good deal on one of the older white ones. Do you guys think it would be worth it to get one with all the modern pinpointers out there today? I have heard great things about these but most of the reviews are a bit dated.. Thanks!

I to would love to have one but there really costly i had one years ago on my whites dfx and loved it but the thing is i wish sunray made them universal for use with every brand.

I am thinking about getting a Sunray X1 probe for my etrac. I got a good deal on one of the older white ones. Do you guys think it would be worth it to get one with all the modern pinpointers out there today? I have heard great things about these but most of the reviews are a bit dated.. Thanks!
The upper shaft needs to be modified and with the probe , your cable would be on the outside instead of thru the rods....other than that it is an excellent addition to any detector.

The upper shaft needs to be modified and with the probe , your cable would be on the outside instead of thru the rods....other than that it is an excellent addition to any detector.
It comes attached to a white Explorer 2 shaft. Thanks

Absolutely, if you can handle the weight. I used one for years on my Explorer XS (old white probe) and then again when I bought my etrac (newer black probe). Make sure you have an open screen, as in no discrimination, when pinpointing. Faster and more accurate pinpointing and helps find good targets quickly when collocated with rusty nails and such.

I injured my shoulder some time ago and after surgery could not manage the weight any longer and transitioned to a hand held. I missed the X-1. A lot. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck with it.

Rich

I to would love to have one but there really costly i had one years ago on my whites dfx and loved it but the thing is i wish sunray made them universal for use with every brand.

Would be nice, but not possible - the "X-1 probe" is actually a 1" diameter COIL specifically made for the Minelab FBS detectors. I like the idea though.

rich