Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X marks the spot

Keith Southern

So enamored with the X I picked up another one.No need to swap coils just swap units.LOL!!

Thanks Richard for the deal!!

Keith

Way to go.......................Double XX, no excuse not to have a third Vista X when the in-between search coil comes out......:twodetecting::detecting:

By the way, nice grass color. At least it won't need cutting for awhile.

I’ve watched all your videos over the years. I considered a vista warrior as an upgrade from my vaquero a little over a year ago. I purchased a T2se, then a G2, and then an Omega 8000 all of them used. I wanted more options on my machines. Now I look at my vaquero and still use it occasionally but the vista x package with both coils seems like a great deal after watching what it can do.

I can’t quite figure out my dirt here in coastal AL. I do notice a slight loss in depth on all my machines compared to Iowa. How’s that X do on lead and brass at depth in your dirt? It’s seems to be 2-3 bar dirt here. Different types of sand/clay mix. I put a silver dime at 11” and the t2se gives it an iron scratch in BP with detech 13 coil. The X can high tone on a 10” dime in your dirt, I’m sure it would be good here also. Is it now your go to machine on a relic site?

I have 4 bar dirt Iowarelic and the vistas and are at home not calling deep non ferrous ferrous that alot of digital machines will do.As long as you keep the ground balance dead on the fringe non ferrous will sound diggable and the ferrous will sound low tone to the extremes of depth.

Where some newer sparky hyper amped up machines will airtest crazy depths but do maybe 50% of that in the soil for correct ferrous or non ferrous ID the Vistas will usually do what they airtest with correct ferrous on non ferrous ID..The Vistas remind me of 1266 or Muskys..But way better ID depth.The X is like what a Tejon could of or should of been.But again with better Ferrous ID at depth.in other words its a analog type not rod unit that we are used too but with way better ferrous ID at depth.

The X is unique in the vista line as it can now have a full disc for working modern sites for select digging as a plus ..This has created a universal detector..

stage 1 we can work iron and unmask on a world class level against today's top modern unmaskers
Stage 2 we can work trashy mixed use sites and pick items we want to dig.
Stage 3 we can go back and work hunted out parks fields and dig the deep items that alot of machines are calling iron that isn't iron.Item's that are too deep for accurate ID.And use the Great audio to hear those tight deep ROUND sounds that very well maybe coins/tokens/rings/buttons.With the X and other Vsita's in this 3rd stage hunting its as close as you will get to having say a all metal mode BUT with ferrous non ferrous ID to full depth.

So far the X has worked up to 5 bar dirt with clarity.

Keith

Sven 3 HMMMM??

Yeah the Bermuda grass is dormant to about late march here so I do have one less item to worry about for awhile!!

Keith

Dancer Mid size coil will be most welcome.

I actually want a Octagon mid size 8". The Octagon is not just for looks..It works!! the shape of of it even on say crown caps talks to you like a concentric.especially if you pull back enough to get the suspected target to enter right at edge of where the coil starts to angle in at top or bottom..the good targets stay clean the galvanized type stuff tin and bottle caps will sound bad in the collapsing section.

I'd like to see a whole line of Octagon from a small 5 to an 8 to the already 11 and maybe even a 14.

Once you run a Octagon coil you'll wonder why its never been done before.The coil really is audio dimensional.Gives a minds eye type perception under the dirt .Hard to explain but it offers a 3D type aspect to the targets.you can actually in your mind see the target's even multiple targets at once under the coil and how they are aligned and if they are ferrous or non ferrous intermingled.

Keith

Keith Southern said:
Dancer Mid size coil will be most welcome.

I actually want a Octagon mid size 8". The Octagon is not just for looks..It works!! the shape of of it even on say crown caps talks to you like a concentric.especially if you pull back enough to get the suspected target to enter right at edge of where the coil starts to angle in at top or bottom..the good targets stay clean the galvanized type stuff tin and bottle caps will sound bad in the collapsing section.

I'd like to see a whole line of Octagon from a small 5 to an 8 to the already 11 and maybe even a 14.

Once you run a Octagon coil you'll wonder why its never been done before.The coil really is audio dimensional.Gives a minds eye type perception under the dirt .Hard to explain but it offers a 3D type aspect to the targets.you can actually in your mind see the target's even multiple targets at once under the coil and how they are aligned and if they are ferrous or non ferrous intermingled.

Keith

Yep , the 8" Octagon would be the Jewel of the Nile.
Your tip at the top is gonna be another big help.

I’ve never used a Deeptech of any kind, but I may have to before I get a water machine. All machines should be water proof nowadays... no excuse. Anyway, south Alabama is pounded compared to Iowa. Now I know the hottest machine I have, the t2se, will call silver iron at depth here so..... I may have to return to the analog machines for a while and see what is down deep here. Back home the t2 was plenty deep. It would never have called silver iron, except in certain masking scenarios or something. Taking the G2 into the woods for some battlesite relics on Sunday. Took the t2 last time, got a shenkl fuse and a couple minies and an enfield. Would you be willing to test that x on some lead and brass targets. Buttons maybe?