Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra 50 or 70?

I'm in the market for a new detector and I am leaning towards the X-terra 50. After reading as much as I can about both machines should I just spend the extra money and buy the X-terra 70? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks Ken L. WPA

i was in the same boat as you before,and ended up with a X50 both machines are really really good from what i have gathered on this forum.

I would say it depends on what you are looking for. i have never used the 70 but have loved my 50, i myself look for coins and gold but use my GP Extreme for gold. i have had great success with my 50 looking for coins and relics but i would say if you want to look for both and don't want to buy 2 detectors than go with the 70 but if your just looking for coins and relics go for the 50 i bought the 50 because the price was right but if you have the funds like they always say buy the best detector that you can afford and the 70 i would say has more whistles.

The 70 has Tracking ground balance,beach mode,more tones (2:geek:, one more choice in coil frequencies 3kHz, more disc and target ID segments+ iron mask. basically just an Montanagold said, more bells and whistles.

The extra "bells and whistles" as noted in the previous posts really are worth the extra money if you can afford it. The X-50 is not a cheap detector, so spending a little more to me was worth the investment. If your on a tight budget, the X-50 will serve you well, if you a afford a little more, go with the X-70. The prospecting mode is also very useful for finding the size and shape of a buried object. You can outline the object in the prospect mode, just one more bonus. Which ever you choose, you will be very happy with the finds made. The X-Terra detectors are the best for the money.

Good hunting, John K

If its going to be the only detector you have, the 70 would be a better choice.

If you already have a favorite you plan on keeping and are just looking to add something else, then a 50 with a 5x10 HF coil will do you fine. My opinion.

I've had a couple of 70's and they are ok but never replaced my favorite. But the full notch, 19 kHz, and on the fly depth reading is handy for the gold jewelry hunting so I've got a 50 on the way.

Good luck.

Mike

I bought a 50 a few days before the 70 came out . I strictly use it for coinshooting with a small coil in trashy areas or wood chip lots . It does a good enough job that I never felt the need to upgrade to the 70 . Most people have though ,
H H ,
George