Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 50 with the 18.75 coil

Starting to really like the new coil, to say it's hot on small gold is an understatement. Hit a new volley ball court (all sand) with all kinds of junk jewelry and several pieces of clad.
Now for the good stuff, I dug a crumpled up paper coke cup that had a 10K chain hanging out of it. It's thin, very thin and read 6/9 bounce just underneath the sand. A few feet away I hit the small 14K band at 4" that read a solid 9 (very loud).
The 10K band has some small diamond chips, it also hit a solid 9 and was loud at 5". The 14K charm has some diamond chips on it too, it hit 6 on the screen and I think I could have heard it a foot down, no kidding !
Be careful about not digging those 6 and 9's folks, especially with this coil :)
H.H. & Merry Christmas Everyone
Mike

Since you are blessed with some of the rare nice detecting friendly climate as well as one of the few with this coil, could you (or did you) check these (or some future) targets with both coils and note the difference of how they hit?

Yes, I had the 30 with me and it hit the rings and charms with ease at those depths but not a peep on the chain. Matter of fact, after I got home, I got out everything in my stable and NOTHING would hit the chain even when I scrubbed it against the coil. Tejon, Explorer,MXT, Nautilus ... nothing !
Don't know about comparing my climate to yours ? I used to be blessed with those mild Florida winters not being as cold as it gets here on the mountain top in Bama. Seems the cold wind blows hard here all the freaking time in the winter :)
H.H.
Mike

Does the 50 hit the chain with while running at 7.5?

Thanks for the report Mike. I am glad to hear the new coil hit that small necklace. I have one similar to the one you pictured that I can't find with any of my detectors either! Even the X-50 and the 7.5 coil. I am anxious to get the 18.75 so I can see how it performs. Although we have been living in the "deep freeze" the past few weeks, it is nearly 50 degrees here today and the frost is coming out of the ground. And here I sit without the new coil! :rage: Maybe the brown truck will show up yet today, and I can take it for a hunt before it turns cold again next week. In the meantime, keep us posted. HH Randy

Some how I knew that question was coming :)
No it will NOT hit the small chain with the other coil, not even a peep,scratch or pop.
Mike

I know I wouldn't go to the beach hunting for jewelry without the 18.75 now that I have it in my arsenal because it simply hits the small gold better. If that's what you mean ? I would like to have a small shooter style coil, a 4X6" would be great for trashy sites.

n/t

As soon as I can scrape up the extra $$ to do so, I'm getting an X-Terra 50. I wonder if the 18 khz coil will be an option to come with the unit or if I'll have to get one with the standard coil and add the 18 khz?

This detector is going to fit the niche I needed to fill like a glove. It's the perfect machine for simplicity, light weight, target ID coin/jewelry and relic hunting.

Have you tried the coil on dimes and quarters how does the coil hit on non gold targets. Do you lose any depth with this coil and the other coil. Do you have a test garden that you can do a test with gold and clad and then with the other coil. That would really be cool if you could really test the X-Terra 50 that way.

Mike you need to send it in to be fixed. It should pickup the clasp on that chain easily.

Tom

It's a fine detector in tip top condition but it won't hit the chain clasp. I don't know WHY this particular coil set up on the X-50 hit's it but it does and MXT among others I tested does not. May be the way the signal is processed ?
I don't know what else to tell you other than try it yourself and see what you think then.
Merry Christmas
Mike

Yes I have tried it in my coin garden but it's only 7 months old. Mixed silver,clad, brass items in a mix of different configurations to test in. I see no difference on readings in the coin garden between the 2 coils but nothing buried over 9" except a war nickel at 10".
No gold buried though, sorry.
I suspect the 18.75 coil may suffer a little bit in hot ground but then again some of my other detectors running close to the same frequency still fair well in hot dirt.

Merry Christmas