Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 70 Light

Sgt. Silverman

If there's a thread of someone already doing this out here please disregard :)

After receiving my X70 I knew one of the drawbacks was the lack of a back-light. I've owned many machines that have had them as I do a lot of early morning / late evening hunts. After debating against opening the housing (I saw on the mods forum how to do it, but I just don't want to take the chance) I didn't want to spend a lot of money, and wanted something simple.

After a couple of weeks, I came up with this; (EBAY) Black Flexible White LED Clip On Reading Book Light Lamp for Amazon Kindle LWUS

Hey, for $2.50 I couldn't beat the solve! I slipped the book light behind the housing protector and wrapped it behind the X-Terra housing, and then the velcro strap holds the excess in place. The picture doesn't do the book light justice, but this is the best one I could take in the dark. The Vid #'s show up perfect and so does the depth. If any of you have the same issue, this is a quick, easy and inexpensive solve.

Thanks for viewing and if any of you have any advice or suggestions please comment.

Godspeed and God Bless!

Greg
'