Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

x-terra 70 never ceases to amaze me!

garydl63

Hi Guys
Went out for an hour last night before teatime, at an old caravan park.
Started detecting within 10 seconds i hit a $1 dollar coin , from there on, continual coins ranging from 1c to $2. One coin a 1c piece which is about the size of your little finger nail, gave out a nice tone. I dug and dug and dug. I was about to give up, and then i thought bugger it! this is not going to get the better of me. Thats when it popped out at a depth of 15". I was totally amazed that a machine tuned correctly can acheive this depth. I ABSOLUTELY love my x-terra 70 machine and would'nt part with it for all the tea in china.Until next time.....Seeya! gary (South Australia)

Just the standard that comes with the detector. But the secret is to have the machine tuned correctly. I use the auto noise reduction and ground balance it works perfectly for me!

15" on something that small gives me hope. Were you using All-Metal? What about the Sens. setting? Manual ground balance? We want answers...please:chase: I would have probably given up at 12". Ron

n/t

Gary, can you check the same coin in an airtest and see how far away you can pick it up? What is the composition of that coin?

My 70 airtests pretty good (about the same as my Shadow X3) and with the little time I have put in on it Ive not dug any coin sized objects over 10", and that was in lightly mineralized beach sand.

How do you have your ground balance set, a little positive like the guys on here recommend? Ive been auto ground balancing but it looks like manual ground balancing might be better.

Thanks and continued success,
Neil

I think the halo effect played a big part in that find, at that depth,I would be very surprised if it air tested at that? good detecting though.
Some of the dollar coins I have dug have been in poor condition!

regards
kris

All auto tuned using detectors auto functions which woprk great!
Heres a picture of my finds after about 2 1/2 hours detecting.
cheers gary in South Australia :cheers:

I would say the halo effect played a big part as copper coins do emit a green tinge as they age underground which makes the coin appear larger than what it really is. cheers gary in South Australia.

With an aitest on 1c piece about 8" the coin is made of copper so it probrably had a halo effect. cheers Gary in South Australia.:cheers:

n/t