Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 705 and cut Dirhem

EOS

Haven’t posted anything for years, Im glad to see this forum still alive.

My 705 have been with me a long time and never stop to deliver.

I worked at a big excavation, and used the X-Terra frequently. It really have a good nose, it sniffs up small cut pieces of Viking coins, small silver fragments. Usually fragments of Dirhams, Arabic silver coins from 800-900AD.

I also use XP Deus and still have my trusty old E-Trac, but that is machine I seldom use, due to it’s heavy weight.
0493AF48-B68D-4908-B45A-7967C20E5F86.jpeg

Here is a small fragment of a arabic coin 1100 years old. Coil is the sensitive 6” DD..

I

When I first got my 705 I swung it over every inch of my yard & found a few clad coins. Then one day, just out of curiosity, I maxed out the sensitivity setting and went over a patch of my yard that I "knew" was clear of metal. After a lot of digging and pinpointing I was recovering birdshot that was 6"-8" in the ground. Small shot like #6 or #7 1/2. I reset the sensitivity to the default level & never changed it again in 14 years. Small metal is easy for the 705 to find.

I never have a problem with that. Someone is always ready to give me the shaft at a moment's notice.😬