Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra 705 Gold Pack Just Released, new version?

ba5online

I'm seeing this on eBay, a new updated, "just release" X-Terra 705 Gold package. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUST-RELEASED-MINELAB-XTERRA-705-THE-WAIT-IS-OVER_W0QQitemZ170512798886QQcategoryZ14955QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D170512798729%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6722104388429124908

I have 2 questions, maybe someone can help me with.
Is this true, is there a "new version"?

The add claims "DESIGNED FOR HUNTING GOLD NUGGETS WITH FACTORY PRESET GOLD PROSPECTING MODE." Is this special programming or can the programming be changed for coin/relic hunting with a different coil?

Just thinking of getting one..
Thanks all, Steve

Here's another eBay posting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MINELAB-X-TERRA-705-GOLD-PACK-BRAND-NEW-VERSION-/250663232059?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5cb1623b

Using 18.75kHz as the standard frequency coil, the X-TERRA 705 Gold Pack is especially configured for gold prospecting, with advanced Iron Mask Discrimination and Ground Balance functions, which are perfect for detecting in mineralised goldfield ground.
The only difference is the coil with the HF 18.75kHz. From what I hear the rest is the same. You can make your machine the same by adding the DD coil. Just another way to market the machine for prospecting.

I believe the only difference is which coil the 705 comes with. Nothing on Minelabs site about anything new.

Kellyco, Cabelas, Scheels and many other dealers offer the "Gold" package or the "Standard".

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1237057,1237806#msg-1237806

I noticed under "Features" it states "compatible with low, mid and high frequency waterproof coils. All 7 X-Terra.....
to me would imply that the 5X10 DD 18.75 coil is waterproof. This coil is not waterproof. I agree there is nothing new here..I have used the X-70 and the 5X10 DD HF coil for a long time.

Hey Tom, Thanks for that info. Where can I search to see a list of Minelab coils for the X-Terra and their features?
I am wondering why Minelab would offer a HF DD coil (for gold) or any coil for that matter that was not waterproof?
Do we never hunt in wet grass, or when it's raining?
It sounds like this 5X10 DD 18.75 coil has been out for a while, not "just released", or is this a new waterproof coil offered with this gold pac?
Thanks, Steve

Their is a list in the FAQFAQ. of the coils and what they are best at. But here it is, I saved a copy along with lots of goodies from FAQFAQ.