Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 705 ground balance

Aside from the auto feature, us 505 users can run "offset" in a similar fashion. I think I read where somebody said they like to GB a little positive. Now I am not certain on which model they were referring to.

So,the advantage of running an offset,positive in my case because of mildly mineralized soil( 28-60) would be that I would gain a more stabilized TID and/or sensitivity that could be notched up higher without chatter? I see this is going to take some experimentation in the test garden for me to see how offsetting will benefit me.

fdl said:
I see this is going to take some experimentation in the test garden for me to see how offsetting will benefit me.
Exactly! It is something that will differ from site to site, and a little experimentation to understand how it effects response and depth is all part of getting the absolute most from what you have.

Old Longhair said:
fdl said:
I see this is going to take some experimentation in the test garden for me to see how offsetting will benefit me.
Exactly! It is something that will differ from site to site, and a little experimentation to understand how it effects response and depth is all part of getting the absolute most from what you have.

Thank you......learning the 705 hasn't been that hard for me but now I have a good challenge ahead to truly master it.

You can run any of the X-TERRA's (that have adjustable Ground Balance) either positive or negative. In my mild soil, I like to run with a positive ground phase. HH Randy

fdl said:
O.K.,so when I find a site to detect my procedure is #1 noise cancel #2 auto ground balance #3 set tracking on#4 set sensitivity as needed & adjust when & if needed. No matter what the ground balance comes in at I feel that having tracking on helps in that I don't need to recheck my GB every so often.

If you are using step 3 (in your post), you can skip step 2. In other words, you don't need to set a GB when you use Tracking. Tracking not only sets it for you.....it updates it continually. Kind of like having ground balance "on the fly". HH Randy

Digger said:
fdl said:
O.K.,so when I find a site to detect my procedure is #1 noise cancel #2 auto ground balance #3 set tracking on#4 set sensitivity as needed & adjust when & if needed. No matter what the ground balance comes in at I feel that having tracking on helps in that I don't need to recheck my GB every so often.

If you are using step 3 (in your post), you can skip step 2. In other words, you don't need to set a GB when you use Tracking. Tracking not only sets it for you.....it updates it continually. Kind of like having ground balance "on the fly". HH Randy

Thanks Randy.....tommarrow I'll start playing around with the tracking offset. Looks to be a sunny day in the mid 70's.

fdl said:
......learning the 705 hasn't been that hard for me but now I have a good challenge ahead to truly master it.
:lol: I've been at it for a while, and I haven't gotten there yet.
It's part of the beauty of the 705. It can be pretty much and automatic turn-on-and-go for a novice, or be as manual/adjustable and complicated as a veteran wants. It's one to grow with.
And then you change fequencies.....:blink:

Old Longhair said:
fdl said:
......learning the 705 hasn't been that hard for me but now I have a good challenge ahead to truly master it.
:lol: I've been at it for a while, and I haven't gotten there yet.
It's part of the beauty of the 705. It can be pretty much and automatic turn-on-and-go for a novice, or be as manual/adjustable and complicated as a veteran wants. It's one to grow with.
And then you change fequencies.....:blink:

I've ony been at this detecting thing for about a month now but it's alot of fun & I can think of many places where I can use it here in Wisconsin. As far as finds go I have alot of clad & 2 wheaties plus some odd ball relics-nothing really to show off yet. Every chance I get I like to read the posts & pick up info. on how to get more out of my X705. I can say that I'm happy that I went with the X705 over all the other detectors that are out there,although I'm sure the others are good machines. The numerous options that you have with the X705 has me believing I won't need any other MD. Now I'm even more fired up to get out there & learn & find the good stuff.