Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 705 on salt water beach

Minelab50

Hello! Anyone used a X-Terra 70/705 on a salt water beach down to the wet sand? If so what coil and how did it perform?
thanks!

good diggin randy

Used the 705. It will do for occasional use but if you plan to do salt beach hunting frequently, get a machine for it. Used the stock concentric waterproof coil and had to turn the sensitivity down. Also used beach setting.

X-Terra 70, Beach ground balance, sens down worked OK, great dry sand machine. Normally use my Sov in the wet.

last week i used the 705 on a beach on west coast scotland was perfect on the dry sand kinda iffy on the wet didnt like it to mutch,i was using the 18.5 10" coil at the time.

Thanks folks! I use my Sovereign GT at the beach mostly but am thinking about getting a 705 for relic/nugget hunting to replace my old Explorer XS. The E-Trac is a bit expensive and I was wanting to know about the beach use.

Thanks.

good diggin randy

I run the 10' x 5" DD,with some success,but it will be erratic with the sens over 17.And you also loose some depth.
but its a real killer in the dry sand and in soil.