Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra 705 or wait

heavymetal

Got an X-terra 70 and there's a couple of good deals on used 705s.

When does Minelab release their new models? Is it every 2 years?

I was hoping they would release something like the ATP pro version of the X-terra.

Thanks guys!

This below is a folding detector and also says it is waterproof but 5.5 lbs. Maybe we could get a lighterweight folding waterproof X-Terra in the future.

Minelab countermine F3 compact land mine detector
http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/countermine/mine-detectors/f3-compact

Minelab is very tight lipped about the release of their new detectors and a person does not know to almost the very last days. A lot of people get caught buying a brand new detector only to find out a newer model is then shortly released after. This happened to me when I bought my X-Terra 70 new. There is no for-warning from Minelab. The best thing is to buy a new model right off within about 6 months of its release then a person knows a newer model is a long way off on the horizon. But you are right, a new X-Terra could come out at any time since the 705 has been out a while already. You just never know for sure. In this case getting a used 705 is a good idea if it is a very good price and you can always sell it if a newer model comes out.

That F3 sure is nice!

I guess I'll have to wait till the end of the year and see if they're coming out with a new model then.

Thanks David!

The 705 will have been out for 3 years as of next month. It replaced the 70 on the 70's 3rd anniversary, so next month should be an interesting month. It doesn't guarantee that that's when it will be released. The E-trac has already gone past it's average update time. (November last year would have been it's third anniversary from memory, and it was following the same time frames as the X-terra's.)
Mick Evans.

My last detector was made in 1986, I bought it used in the 90's, sold it in 2011 for what I paid for it, I found much more than the value of the detector with it. I say if you find a good machine like a 705, buy it and get huntin', no need to wait. That is unless you're one of those guys who has to buy a new car every 2 years ... LOL

I'm a firm believer in it's as much or more of how you use it rather than what you are using. An experienced detectorist with an old machine is often better than a less experienced detectorist with the latest and greatest machine.

I also agree with hotrod53 on "make the best of what you have right now"

It's just nice to have another detector especially since we only have 2 seasons here which is dry and wet, plus when it's summer here you hit the beach resorts.

For now the old zip-lock cover works on light rain but I also don't want to risk of shorting my only detector...again especially where I'm from.

Buy the 705 and keep the 70 as a backup. I just sold my other detector to buy another Minelab for a backup but then the refrigerator quit and I am probably going to have to spend the money on getting it fixed.