Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra Coil Ear Gap Fix

u2robert

Got a 705 and the gap between the lower rod and the coil ears was driving me nuts
I didn't want to break off a coil ear
I read some post about this and the different fixes
I found one
The lower rod on my Nokta Fors Relic fits perfect between the coil ears
on the standard 9" concentric coil.
the Nokta bolt is to big but I had a Fisher bolt that worked perfect.
the other end of the lower rod is a little hard to get into the middle shaft but with a little effort it fits
snug and no wobble.

you can by two nylon washers that will fit behind the rubber washes,i buy mine from Ace hardware.thats what I do when I use whites rod for extra rods.it takes about 15 minutes to modify the whites rods to fit the exterra coils, an it works great,and whites rod or a lot cheaper then the M.L.coils.I buy mine fron East texas detectors, for 10.00 a rod.the best price ive found on a M.L.rod was 30.00.

Right you are they are like 43.00 at Kellyco and from what I can tell they are also to narrow for the X-terra coils? I don't know yet because the 705 I received didn't have a lower rod with it the guy said he forgot and he mailed it and it's in Transit (you know code word for LATE)

Well the X-terra lower rod arrived and I was wrong it fit like it should no gap between the ears. I feel like an idiot for going off before I knew what the hell I was talking about, my bad.