Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra Cors coils?

Jessgo33

Anyone use these coils? I Want to get one for gold prospecting creeks and Water poof is a must. I was looking at the 5 inch point, or the 6.5 by 3.5 DD coil. Is there something special with these, or is the minelab 6 inch coil just as good? I also got one more question dose coiltek make a small DD or higher feq coil for xterra, not the big coil. Thanks

The only authorized waterproof HF coils for Xterras are the Minelab 6" DD and 9" CC.
Minelab and Coiltek are the only authorized manufacturers of Xterra coils. Unauthorized coils are not discussed on this forum.

Old Longhair said:
The only authorized waterproof HF coils for Xterras are the Minelab 6" DD and 9" CC.
Minelab and Coiltek are the only authorized manufacturers of Xterra coils. Unauthorized coils are not discussed on this forum.

Longhair Im not trying to start any problems but can you explain why that is? Of course Findsmall does as they wish, its there forum and we all really appreciate these forums.

With that being said, I don't believe its a minelab rule since the etrac/explorer and sov forums all talk openly and freely about the aftermarket coils. So does the Garrett forum, was on that one just the other day because of the new at max. So just curious and if you could share that would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Neil

The difference is that V-Flex and SmartCoil technologies employed in the Xterra and CTX3030 are patented, and Coiltek is the only company that has the authority from Minelab to produce coils utilizing those technologies. ALL OTHERS ARE THIEVES in eastern European countries that have "reverse-engineered" their coils, and they are being illegally marketed here. Coiltek has worked with Minelab in the development of many coils, and they have direct access to the necessary information to produce the highest quality best performing coils available.

We here on this forum DO NOT condone the theft of either intellectual or physical property, and thus cannot support discussion about stolen products.

So that is why im sorry for the post, I was just looking on ebay and saw the coil. I don't want to upset anyone, and just figured i would check them out. Im sorry if i crossed the line.

Jessgo33 said:
So that is why im sorry for the post, I was just looking on ebay and saw the coil. I don't want to upset anyone, and just figured i would check them out. Im sorry if i crossed the line.
S'all good! :thumbup:
Periodically people that don't know ask about such things. We don't get upset unless they are insistent, and even then the thread usually just goes away w/o a big flap.