Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra has been best mid-priced detector

Canewrap

Over the years I've tried the F70, F75, AT Pro, and White's MXT. I keep coming back to my X-terra 70 because of how balanced and reasonably light it is with the straight shaft, gets pretty decent depth and is really flexible. I suppose if I had found more productive relic sites I would have been tempted to get another, higher-end machine to be sure I was getting all I could get, but I'm not convinced that I would be getting any significant improvement in depth. I would still have the MXT as it was the equal to the X-terra, but the thing was tearing up my shoulder.

Agreed! Love the Xterra 705 and my old Xterra 30. Light weight, and not much improvement has taken place with the Equinox in my opinion. I hunt with a CTX occasionally, but the weight also does great damage to my old body.

Bulletman

Shalom

AGREED

I wasn't too enthused with my Equinox 600 and chopped it for an older and IMHO, better "X-Terra 505" detector.

Des D

I must of had 3 lemons, 1st failed the first day, 2nd failed in 3 mos, 3rd was great on FL beaches but failed on a tailings pile in WY, would not go silent. Called minelab, NO help, said they would have the XTerra expert named John call me. No call came, sold it to another beach detector after sending it back for repair. Luckily I had my backup Tesoro Diablo II, it worked fine on the same tailings pile.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm glad some people like it. It wasn't for me.

The X-Terra 705 has been a pretty solid/versatile performer with it's three available frequencies over the yrs.

I could never convince myself to buy one though. The idea of having to change coils to change frequency never appealed to me.

Getting maximum performance, requires buying a multitude of coils of different sizes, or configurations (DD, or concentric) in three different frequencies. That could get very costly and turn that "mid-priced detector" into a bit of a money pit from my perspective.

I haven’t owned a lot of different detectors. But have owned 5 or 6 xterras. I also like the Mxt.