Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra headphones

D&P-OR

The new X-Terra Pro is said to take the ML 85 wireless headphones----will it take the ML 80 h.p.s also?

I don't think so. No mention of the ML80 in the user's manual.

As near as I can tell, they aren't interchangeable. The new Pro will use the same ML-85 phones as the Equinox 700/900, which are different than the ML-80/ML-100 phones used with the Equinox 600/800 & Vanquish.

Will you be able to use after market headphones with a dongle or is the Xterra Pro proprietary
It would be absolutely insane for Minelab to produce a proprietary 3.5mm headphone jack and headphones for what is being called "an entry level machine", and barring that there is no reason that a dongle and appropriate headphones of any manufacturer can't be used.

I'll personally be using the same Auvio wireless phones that I've been using with my 705 and Explorer SE for the last decade.

My guess is unless you buy the ML 85s ( which you can't even buy separately right now as far as I have seen) the only way to go Bluetooth you would need a Bluetooth receiver plugged in since it's not Bluetooth it's just wireless.

It would be absolutely insane for Minelab to produce a proprietary 3.5mm headphone jack and headphones for what is being called "an entry level machine", and barring that there is no reason that a dongle and appropriate headphones of any manufacturer can't be used.

I'll personally be using the same Auvio wireless phones that I've been using with my 705 and Explorer SE for the last decade.
Wonder if my old Garrett ZLINK System would work on the exterra pro?

Does it work on other detectors, like a Fisher, a Whites, or other Minelabs?
I would think that any setup that utilizes a dongle transmitter that plugs into a standard headphone jack should work. The only thing to keep in mine is that the Minelabs all run stereo jacks.

Does it work on other detectors, like a Fisher, a Whites, or other Minelabs?
I would think that any setup that utilizes a dongle transmitter that plugs into a standard headphone jack should work. The only thing to keep in mine is that the Minelabs all run stereo jacks.
I thought they should to. I used the zlink system on my 705 when I had one. thanks

Looking like minelab sold us out. I am hearing thevWMO8 and the ML 80 will not work so now will have to go to the Garrett Zlink.
I use wired ear buds with the WM08 on my 800. I like the wire because if it falls out of my ear I don’t lose term.
I also have to use ear buds for safety at the places I detect. I have to hear my surroundings.
I don’t understand. Why minelab did that to us. So another wireless headphone that we have to buy. ( not even available yet.

Looking like minelab sold us out. I am hearing thevWMO8 and the ML 80 will not work so now will have to go to the Garrett Zlink.
I use wired ear buds with the WM08 on my 800. I like the wire because if it falls out of my ear I don’t lose term.
I also have to use ear buds for safety at the places I detect. I have to hear my surroundings.
I don’t understand. Why minelab did that to us. So another wireless headphone that we have to buy. ( not even available yet.
I don’t understand. Why minelab did that to us. So another wireless headphone that we have to buy. ( not even available y
Minelab may have found the need to cut corners to sell the exterra pro at this price point. I guess I'm willing to forgive the headphone issue if the detector works as good as it seems to on the videos an reviews.

I'll just stick to my wired Grey Ghost and Rattlers that have the plugs that twist right on to the Pro, that is when I use them. If i am out in the wild and there is no breeze, I don't use them anyways!

It would have been better if the pro worked on Standard low latency BT phones. Hooking those wireless dongles onto a detector in my opinion is a bodge. Yea it works but i thought it was becoming history
hooking these dongles on. I was surprised minelab made it only work with there own headphones.

so is the wireless connection that the Xterra Pro utilizes a WiFi connection or what I am thinking about picking up a Xterra Pro but do not want to purchase another set of headphones also

wonder if the wireless headphones for the Simplex Plus would work with the wireless connection on the Xterra Pro, that would be something if they did connect, the wireless phones for the simplex are not Bluetooth they are WiFi connection

My guess is unless you buy the ML 85s ( which you can't even buy separately right now as far as I have seen) the only way to go Bluetooth you would need a Bluetooth receiver plugged in since it's not Bluetooth it's just wireless.
A small white folder came with your machine. It says Qualcomm aptX Low Latency Bluetooth. It operates at 2.4GHz to2.5GHz.

The Xterra Pro works with a transmitter and wireless low latency headphones like the Legend uses. The transmitter is not very expensive (check out Iffy Signal's YouTube where he shows how it works).