Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra Pro Maiden Voyage!

atomicscott

Hi Everybody! Exciting times to be a detectorist! Took the new machine out for first time to a huge old farm field where I found a few wheats, V nickel (date not visible) some clad and a few 1901 Repeater shotgun headstamps. Hit this spot hard many times with the Patriot and Simplex. GB was 44 in this spot. Set on park 1 mode, (meant to use field, d'oh) sens 23. Amazed at how well the auto noise cancel worked. My other machines require turning down sens quite a bit due to nearby power lines. Hit the zincoln right away, 60-62 ID hoping it was an IH. This machine is so smooth and quiet. It felt very relaxed, nice soft tones and not a bunch of chatter and falsing. I swung fairly slow due to trash from the house that was torn down here. After an hour or so I realized my mistake and switched to field 1 mode then I found the shotgun shell which hit hard! The X-Terra pinpoint is the best I have tried. Even with the big stock coil, very precise and easy to size objects. Not sure why more detectors don't use a on/off pinpoint button, I really prefer it. I finished my 3rd 40' x40' grid and then swung near a big palm tree, when I got the 78-80 ID which was the 1958 wheatback. After about 3 hours of swinging today, I was really hooked on this machine! Walked right over these finds with my Simplex! There is nothing I didn't like about the X-Terra Pro which is rare for me, lol. After about an hour I was thinking, how the hell could this machine be this good for $269? Plenty of options, easy to swing, button layout is great and buttons are easy to push. Tones are amazing. Minelab really dialed this thing in nicely. Gonna be tough for other brands to compete, even at a higher price point!

Attachments

• 20230404_133021.jpg
    20230404_133021.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69
Well I would be curious to see what else you find with it and the depth you are getting on targets too.