Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X35 Coil options

wvrick

Think I'm about ready to buy a Deus and the X35 coil. Is there much difference between the 9" vs 11" for coin shooting, I know the 9" would be better for trashy areas and the 11" maybe a little deeper is there anything that stands out over the other. Later I'll add another coil but what to get in the package deal.

If you are a coin shooter, I would go with the 9".
It's better in trash and the 11" isn't that much deeper.
I have the 11" but I hunt open ground for relics.

I have both and like both. The X35 like all XP coils are double D. You will get some extra depth with the 11 but not profoundly like you would with a concentric coil. I use the 11 where trash is light to try and grab the deepest stuff. With the Deus the settings can easily be adjusted to grab more depth with the 9. Coverage is the biggest asset to the 11. I would go with the 9 in the package and do the 11 when able. HH pt

Thanks! :)

I got a new Deus with the 9" X35 coil for Christmas and I love it. It's an amazing machine and I wish now I had bought a Deus years ago. I've never used an 11" coil but I love this 9". It will really kill the coins in trashy sites. The 9" coil goes plenty deep for me. I read a lot about the ID numbers being terrible but I'm finding that not to be the case. I think you will enjoy it, it's light and it's a fun machine !

RichW said:
I got a new Deus with the 9" X35 coil for Christmas and I love it. It's an amazing machine and I wish now I had bought a Deus years ago. I've never used an 11" coil but I love this 9". It will really kill the coins in trashy sites. The 9" coil goes plenty deep for me. I read a lot about the ID numbers being terrible but I'm finding that not to be the case. I think you will enjoy it, it's light and it's a fun machine !

I'm hoping I will, I was on the fence about buying an XP when I got the CTX in 2012 and while I really liked the CTX like what I have seen in test and videos of the Deus. I saw a video of calabash digger in an old Icecream stand showing the recovery speed and was pretty impressive.

I have both now. CTX in the water and wet beach. I now use the Deus for everything else. The Deus is as fast as you want it to be. I usually set my reactivity at 2.5 or 3 in heavy trash. Ir's smoking at 3.

Deus is a awesome detector man it loves silver!

I went with the 11", it will be here today.

After using the CTX with the 11" I decided to keep the same size. But I'll pick up another coil before long.