Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X35 coil upgrade??

sgtm8411

I am a coin shooter and my xp has the old LF coil. I’ve been researching and want to upgrade. I’m thinking an x35 coil would be my best bet. They are simply expensive as hell. Is it really worth the upgrade price?

i think so. i like it a lot better. seems more stable less chatty. i think you will do much better than with the LF coil.

As a coin shooter the boosted mode on the x35 coil I would think would be great. Plus u get the 28 kHz which has proven to be amazing for me coin shooting in the iron on the HF coils.

Kickin

I have the 11 in x35 coil but have been hesitant to use the 28KHz. I hunt in high iron all the time. I just didn't know that the higher frequencies did well in Iron. I was told for hunting for silver coins that lower frequencies were the best. I will give it a shot. Which program do you use?

I think that was old info before they came out with V5. One of the skillschool videos says they work fine with V5.

Is it worth it for the sake of just upgrading? Probable not. What I did was waited till my LF was starting to get a weak battery and then bought the x35. Sold the LF easily with a newly installed battery as a selling point with the two year warranty.

I had the LF 9" coil and my silver finds were incredible! I bought a HF 9" coil and it's nice but I'm not 100% sold yet!