Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X50 Odd behavior?

Kidd

While disassembling my x50, the machine turned itself on. It did this every time I tried to place a plastic bubble wrap over the control box.(With the coil cable already removed) It had never done this before. Although I never tried to wrap this covering over it before. The power button never came into any contact with anything that could accidentally turn it on. It would not do this if left alone. I wonder if it might be a static charge causing this? Also, when you remove the headphone cable from machine, it does not automatically switch to speaker, I have to restore factory presets to have speaker activate. Anyone experience any of this?

Why are so many people having trouble with the X-Terras turning off and on? I read all these post of people having these problems it makes me wonder if I should buy one. I am debating whether or not if I should invest the money. If a machine turnes itself on and you wasn't aware of it, it could become quite costly on batteries. Has anyone approached Minelab of the problem? I am sure many people are interested in the outcome of this problem and hope something can be resolved.

Thanks,
Blink

Just push the phone cord in and out a couple of times and that will usually cure the speaker problem. I had the same thing happen and talked with Dick Schultz about it and sure enough that solved it.
Static electricity could be the culprit on the 50 turning on or off, I know they can do some weird stuff. My Hitachi HD big screen will cause my 50 to come on when the TV is turned off at night.
Funny thing is, if the 50 is not directly in line behind the TV it never happens, but if I forget and leave in the room behind the den area where I normally keep my detectors it'll come on every time the TV goes off. I've even tried the TV remote pointed directly at the 50 at different angles and it doesn't bother it so it must be the TV.
I've pretty much gotten into the habit of putting the 50 on the opposite side of the house now.
Mike

Yep, it's odd alright but the detector still works great and I'm never bothered by most electrical interference one might encounter while detecting !
My wife drove my truck to the in-laws a few weeks ago, locked the keys inside by mistake and had to call OnStar to unlock the truck via satellite. When she got back inside the truck the 50 was on, but it never comes on from just using the remote so I'm sure the digital V-Flex technology has something to do with it.
Mike

[quote Wirechief]Yes I have contacted the company about the self turn on deal, as to what will be done I don't know right now.[/quote]

What did they say about it?

EC

That is why Minelab doesn't put the batteries inside the detector when it ships them to dealers.
:poke:

Thanks to all. I won't be sending the machine in. Its not worth pulling it apart for such a minor problem, especially one that seems inherent. And thank you Mike, the speaker/headphone problem is gone.