Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X70-New 5X10 DD coil combo-can it find gold ?__________

Mike C...

Hi all just took the X70 out with the new 5X10 dd coil to do some nugget beepin and scored these to bits with it-its lite-smooth-sensitive-what more could you ask for-can the X70 find gold??? you bet-Mike C...AZ

WTG Mike! You have answered the question on many minds. Were you using the Prospecting mode, with or without iron mask, sensitivity settings? Would love to know these things if you could list them. Also, how did the 70 react to the targets. Was it a high pitched whine or just a slight raise in the thresh hold. Also, what was the depth? I know it's a lot of questions, but I know many will be asking the same things.. Thanks in advanced.

[quote richetts]WTG Mike! You have answered the question on many minds. Were you using the Prospecting mode, with or without iron mask, sensitivity settings? Would love to know these things if you could list them. Also, how did the 70 react to the targets. Was it a high pitched whine or just a slight raise in the thresh hold. Also, what was the depth? I know it's a lot of questions, but I know many will be asking the same things.. Thanks in advanced.[/quote]

Hi Richetts-I aws using the prospecting mode with the iron mask all the way up to 8-sensitivity set at 27-28-the X70 reacted with a slight raise in the treshold but when I got closer it got stronger as in the case with any targets-the depth was 2-4 inches-Thanks-Mike C...AZ

2"-4" on targets that small is great. I'd imagine you could get some serious depth on something in the 1/8oz range. I'm waiting to get my 5x10 DD coil to set up a test garden with lead shot/sinkers. Most of the ground in my neck of the woods is clay with a layer of black topsoil. And loaded with "clinkers". It should be a decent basis for testing gold abilities. Now if the glaciers had just left more nuggets instead of flakes and micro pickers, I would be really happy.

[quote richetts]2"-4" on targets that small is great. I'd imagine you could get some serious depth on something in the 1/8oz range. I'm waiting to get my 5x10 DD coil to set up a test garden with lead shot/sinkers. Most of the ground in my neck of the woods is clay with a layer of black topsoil. And loaded with "clinkers". It should be a decent basis for testing gold abilities. Now if the glaciers had just left more nuggets instead of flakes and micro pickers, I would be really happy.[/quote]

Hi Richetts-keep in mind that my settings might not work in your ground and also you stated test garden-lead shots-gold is more responsive to the beeper than lead will be-I have heard of glacier gold in the east-NH-ME-and where you live-out here most gold fields are in the hot desert- have fun and good luck-Thanks-Mike C...AZ

Hi Mike this is my first time im from fl east coast. they call it the treasure coast i will be in quartzsite camping / jan/ feb /march / i hope to have the x70 this time. you have any tips you care to share? thanks Chuck

neat!!!!! Going to Az. in Feb taking the xtera with me maybe I'll find something this coming year Went last year for the Azo outing drove 1700 miles got there as they were packing their bags to leave. Next yr. my buddy is supposed to go with me and share the driving can hardly wait . Gary

That is nice. I bet you did more than a happy dance. I would have had to change pants.