Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X70 or 705???

Hoss

Ok Im sure this has been asked and I have searched some but have not found my answer. I have looked in the FAQs. But for the sake of time and frustration can anyone in short tell me the advantage the 705 has over the 70 in broad terms.Is it just cosmetic new look for the 70 ?

Randy(Digger) says about 10% more depth with the 705. (I do not know if that is in both C & T Mode and Prospecting Mode, or only the C & T Mode??)

Also the 705 has 3 yr warranty, backlight, 1 extra pattern, sizing pinpoint, and GB Tracking Offset that the 70 does not have.

I have had the Xterra 70 and now hunt with the 705. I have not noticed alot of difference in the depth, I hope there is thou!!! The 705 does seem to be more sensitive to smaller targets. If I had a chance to buy a Xterra 70 for less I would do it.

I actually like my 70 better than the 705 I have. I think the 70 I have is a hotter machine than the 705 that I got and I will probably trade the 705 for something here soon, as I'm not as pleased with it. Its ok for a coinshooter, but my son and I have compared the 705 I got to the 70 I have and the 70 actually hears targets a wee bit deeper.

Thanks for that good report Canewrap, it is appreciated. If you keep the X-70 and trade the X-705 off, maybe give the new model T2 LTD Camo or F75 LTD a try. Or better yet go big for the very best being an E-Trac which is actually what I would like to try as a first choice after my X-70, or a Safari, or buy another X-70 and have two of them then you and your son can use the same coils. It's your choice.