Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X70 with DD 6 in HF coil...new combo to me..

Hoss

I just got me a 6 HF DD for my x70 from Backwoods. Great guy to deal with. Ive read alot about it being "NIRVANA' as far as coils go. Ive read alot and to be honest I think Im just experiancing info overload. So Im backing up and Punting to try to clear my head.

I just cant seem to find the specific info i want...I would like setup info for x70 with 6 DD HF for coins and relics as well as gold...anyone point me in the right direction? Im still new to my x70 and digger has helped me alot. Im just wondering how much info he has shared with me will somewhat bleed over to the 6 in HF coil???? Im sure its broad and varied just trying to find a starting point for now.

Thanks..Hoss

That is a killler little coil. I use it alot. The key with that coil is go slow. If you think you are going to slow , slow down some more. I have found coins that others and myself have missed with that coil.

The 6" HF DD coil is a superb coil that can be used in mineralized ground (Goldfield or beach etc) and it is VERY sensitive to extremely small targets at considerable depths. I highly recommend this coil HOWEVER, it can sometimes be too small for a general search coil and sometimes a little too sensitive if there's a lot of little bits of ironstone about. It's certainly waterproof so getting it into a creek or a rockpool is a joy. Some people use this as their main coil. I keep it on my X-Terra 70 all the time now.