Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

x_terra 705 coils which one ????

harryh31

When using a 705 on the beach, on the sand which has been covered by the tide and then gone out, which coil would be best to use , considering that I am not concerned about losing depth or covering the area quicker.
A 10.5" DD 7.5 khz,coil or a 6" DD 18.75 khz coil ?? ( I have both)
I have been told that the higher frequency is to high for the beach, and yet have read on this site that some good finds have been made using a higher frequency coil. (very confusing) !

If you're not concerned with depth or coverage I don't see why the HF coil would not work. You're going to have to turn the sens down to cut out the falsing and chatter, but having a small footprint you will be, most likely, keying on a single target rather than multiple that might show up under the larger coil, so your results could be better. I would try them both to see which works best......push a quarter or ring down in the sand and see which one picks it up best.
I myself will not use my 705 anywhere near the wet or previous wet sand....on my beach, it just does not work. Others have had better results and you might too.
> I love the 705/HF Elliptical, but on the dry sand only.

I was on the beach with my new 705 a couple a days ago. I buried a nickle oh, about four inches deep in the wet sand.
I was using a stock 7.5 kHz coil. The detector could not identify the buried nickle, even if I cranked the sensitivity to max.
I found that this rig could only find nickles buried in wet sand at about two inches.
So the 7.5 kHz concentric coil is very poor for using on wet beach sand.
Eventually, I plan to purchase a Minelab 6" DD HF coil. It's waterproof, too.
Plus it will be useful for gold prospecting.
I suspect that the DD will be more suited to the high mineralization of wet sand.
Happy hunting, Kev :crazy: