Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XChange 2 - a few points I wonder

Heelgrasper

I took a look at the manual for XChange 2 on the Minelab website. It left me with two questions I'm not quite sure about:

1. What datum is used? I'm guessing WGS84 but it's not stated anywhere. Some museums in Denmark use ED50, others ETRS89 (so close to WGS84 that the difference doesn't matter) so if the XChange 2 is locked to WGS84 there would be some converting involved sometimes.

2. I see no notes on accuracy in the data from the detector. Is that correct? Depending on how many satelittes the gps can lock on to the accuracy will differ greatly so that's a pretty important piece of information. I worst case scenarios my handheld gps gave me an accuracy of about 30 meters (normal is 3 meters) that I had to improve a by moving a little around etc. Here it looks you just get a number and don't know if it's accurate to +/- 3 meters, +/- 10 meters or +/- 30 meters.

3. Is it correct that there's no way to export data to a common format (spread sheet etc)?