Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL PRO Control Knobs fix.

This is my fix for moving control knobs
I use rubber grommets and cut them in half.
Put one half grommet on each control knob.
Replace the control knobs pushing down tight.
AND YOUR MOVING KNOBS ARE NO MORE.:yikes::hot::super:

Hi clondike clad,

Looks like a good fix. Going to try it on my MXT also.

Thanks a lot
Hunt4Fun

When you install any rubber washer or grommet, you should set the control knobs so that there is just a slight, comfortable drag or resistance.

I urge you not to push down on the knob and get it too tight. What I have seen happen thru the years is the force against the nut holding the potentiometer can be enough to loosen it.

When the nut gets loosened, the knob will not line up properly on the reference marks and you have unexpected performance. Also, the control can rotate enough inside that you could either short out a wire/component, or break a wire.

In short, use caution when installing anything for resistance!

Personally, I haven't done that on any White's because I don't have a problem with their design or bumping a knob, etc.

Monte

By cutting the grommet in half it will not put much resistance on the controls.Monte is right on the rubber grommets.
This works well for me.:wiggle:

Hi Monte,

I for one, will heed your wise advice. Certainly do not want to do any damage to my new detector. Will just be extra careful to not bump or brush against the nobs.

It did not occur to me what could go wrong. Really do appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Thanks again
Hunt4Fun